Thread: Data proxy using a JS function

Default Data proxy using a JS function

Hi,
    I have a weird requirement where i have to wire my proxy to a third party JS library. They offer Global Client Side API's which would accept key value parameters and connect to the server internally..Can i achieve this by using a Direct proxy and directFn in my viewmodel??Or is there any other approach to do this

Thanks in advance,
    Sid

Answers

Hi--

Unless the API is setup to return the data in the correct format, it's unlikely that you'll be able to use the Direct proxy. However, you should be able to use the Ajax, Rest, or JSONP proxies, depending on the specifications for the API (I've used all 3 with 3rd party APIs in the past).

And of course, if none of these 3 quite get you what you need, you could always extend the Ajax proxy to incorporate whatever logic is required for creating and handling the request.

Thanks!
    Joel

Hi Joel,
    Is it possible that I get an example to configure my JavaScript function in Ajax?that would be great...not able to get the exact config for this..

Regards,
    Siddharth

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sidthegooner View Post
    Hi Joel,
    Is it possible that I get an example to configure my JavaScript function in Ajax?that would be great...not able to get the exact config for this..

Regards,
    Siddharth
    If you can share an example of the requirements you are trying to use (and any progress you've made so far), I can take a look and advise.

https://fiddle.sencha.com

Thanks!
    Joel