Thread: High memory consumption

Sencha Premium Member volkans80's Avatar
    Answers

Default Answered: High memory consumption

High memory consumption.

Capture.PNG

2. Quote Originally Posted by volkans80 View Post
    Sencha Cmd v6.0.2.14I am using Sencha App Watch and i am working on newly created project. But this screenshot is captured after 1-2 hours working.

We just released v6.0.2 of our Visual Studio and Eclipse plugins. This includes an updated backend (tern-win64.exe), which has performance improvements, and potentially will utilize less memory.

However, since this backend process is used by the IDE to digest and understand your entire JavaScript project, it's definitely doing a lot. I needs to keep a lot in-memory to provide quick code-completion and other functionality for our Ext JS plugins.

As far as Sencha Cmd goes, those memory amounts don't seem too high. What do you see when you start up App Watch?

Answers

What version of Sencha CMD are you using?

The Sencha and phantomjs executables that are hanging around can be terminated if you are not running Sencha App Watch or using Sencha Cmd to generate an application. We have a fix ready for our next release (6.0.2) to make sure these Sencha Cmd processes are properly terminated.

If you are running Sencha App Watch, then these processes are normal, it might just have something to do with the size of your project.

tern-win64.exe should remain running, since that provides our Ext JS auto-completion functionality. Is this a new project you just created, or an existing project with lots of classes? 6.0.2 will also bring in performance improvements.

Sencha Premium Member volkans80's Avatar
    Answers

Sencha Cmd v6.0.2.14I am using Sencha App Watch and i am working on newly created project. But this screenshot is captured after 1-2 hours working.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by volkans80 View Post

We just released v6.0.2 of our Visual Studio and Eclipse plugins. This includes an updated backend (tern-win64.exe), which has performance improvements, and potentially will utilize less memory.

However, since this backend process is used by the IDE to digest and understand your entire JavaScript project, it's definitely doing a lot. I needs to keep a lot in-memory to provide quick code-completion and other functionality for our Ext JS plugins.

As far as Sencha Cmd goes, those memory amounts don't seem too high. What do you see when you start up App Watch?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Not sure if you're using ASP.NET MVC or not. I turned Sync off of my _references.js file under scripts. Then I deleted all Sencha References in it. Afterwards I added Ext-All.js. I then saw a dramatic improvement in performance and 1GB less RAM being taken.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi, you need to understand one thing. Visual studio itself (without plugin) offers javascript intellisense. This default intellisense is controlled by file _references.js. In Sencha VS plugin , there is implemented Sencha's own intellisense support, which is independent of VS default intellisense. So if you want use intellisense provided by Sencha, file _references.js is not needed at all. If you create new Project from Sencha's template, there is no file _references .js. Project contains all ExtJS unminified files and these files are all automatically indexed by plugin. Minified build artefacts like Ext-all.js are excluded.This is important for correct functionality of plugin.
    The only way to affect which files the plugin indexes is to edit the .sencha/ide/config.json file in the root of your solution. You can access this file by right-clicking on the solution in the project tree in Visual Studio and selecting "Edit Sencha IDE Config File".