Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern mode on Touch devices: Animation requests keep running forever.

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-20127 in 6.0.2.437.
    Sencha User

Default Modern mode on Touch devices: Animation requests keep running forever.

Problem: I generated a Modern demo app with a simple view displaying data using a grid list and then run it on touch devices (Android/iOS tablets) or on Chrome's simulation mode.

On iPad devices or simulation using the iPad profile, the app is slow and may be crashed if we keep touching for scrolling the grid.
    The app can run normally on Android devices or simulation using the Android's profile. However, I found that animation request queues keep running and they seem to never stop. If we look at the code, the function run in Ext.AnimationQueue will run forever (the function starts at line 16261 in the file ext-modern-all-debug.js).

The issue does not happen on desktop browsers.

We can also reproduce the problem with an online example at: http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0...o/grid-bigdata

Tested version: ExtJS 6.0.1

Can you advise me a solution or a workaround on this.

Sencha User

I'm having the same issue.

Sencha User

I embedded the PDFJS Viewer into my Sencha modern app and I'm having the same issue with the reported bug when trying to enable browser's native pan. The problem is, I used the same approach (proved to be able to work) on both Sencha Touch 2.4.1 and Sencha ExtJS 6.0.1 (modern), but only if I set a breakpoint to stop script execution at the run method in the AnimationQueue class, native panning can work normally then. This is normal since Sencha's scripts have been stopped but compared to Sencha Touch, I do not see the endless execution which is weird.

Scrolling on the grid with iOS devices also are lagging and I suspect it is due to the animation request queues.

I'm still looking for a workaround.

Sencha User

It looks like many people have the same issue. I am also facing this problem.

Sencha User

Hi hhstkh, do you find out any workaround for this?

To clarify, you can reproduce this on iPad emulation on Chrome? If so, I can't reproduce that.

I took the 6.0.1 build and changed the run method in AnimationQueue:

Code:
    run: function() {
        var h = this;
        if (!h.isRunning) {
            return
        }
        console.log('go');
       // ...
    }
    I can certainly see it hitting that code when I invoke something that needs animation (switching tabs, scrolling the list) however it never runs continuously. The max I saw it execute within a small time period was around 50.

Can you provide more information?
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha User

My bug report somehow has disappeared so I repost it here:

Problem: I generated a Modern demo app with a simple view displaying data using a grid list and then run it on touch devices (Android/iOS tablets) or on Chrome's simulation mode.

On iPad devices or simulation using the iPad profile, the app is slow and may be crashed if we keep touching for scrolling the grid.
    The app can run normally on Android devices or simulation using the Android's profile. However, I found that animation request queues keep running and they seem to never stop. If we look at the code, the function run in Ext.AnimationQueue will run forever (the function starts at line 16261 in the file ext-modern-all-debug.js).

The issue does not happen on desktop browsers.

We can also reproduce the problem with an online example at: http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.1/examples/kitchensink/?profile=modern-triton#demo/grid-bigdata

Tested version: ExtJS 6.0.1

Can you advise me a solution or a workaround on this.
    You need a grid to be able to reproduce the issue, it is available with an online example, please see: http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0...o/grid-bigdata Please have the iPad emulation enabled before loading the page.

Sencha User

Evant, I don't see the issue with an application having lists but grids. Please run this example http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0...o/grid-bigdata with iPad emulation mode on Chrome and retry.

Ok, I can see the issue with grids. We'll check it out. Thanks for the post.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha User

Hi Evant, Did you find out any workaround or permanent fix for this? The issue is now blocking our app release running on iOS devices since we heavily use grids in views. The app runs lagging and may be crashed whenever. I have been investigating but found nothing about how to fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast