Let me begin by giving you an idea of what kind of chart I'm trying to make. This would be ideal:

Oz0GqUn.png

I've spent hours trying to solve this problem without any luck. I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to draw series like in the image above, where the X values are not always ascending. I can work around this by splitting the polygon in half and having two series for each side.

The main problem I'm having is that the chart just ignores my X values. For example, if I try to draw a line from (40, 1300) to (50, 1300), the line will begin at the edge and end on the other side, instead of drawing a line between X values of 40 and 50 with gaps at the side. I'm basically getting this:

kxABsRI.png

The chart is ignoring the X part of my data and it's only drawing the Y values in succession. If I put NaN values before and after my actual values, I get this:

bJrsCvi.png

Since I now have 4 values (2 empty and 2 actual), the X axis (bottom) is simply divided into 4 parts and the X values are completely ignored (the line should only be between 40 and 50).

So my question is how can I force the chart to draw the lines from actual XY values instead of automatically dividing the graph evenly by the number of values I have?

My code is as follows:
Code:
        // Code for both axis:
        chartYaxis = new NumericAxis<ChartData>();
        chartYaxis.setPosition(Position.LEFT);
        chartYaxis.setDisplayGrid(true);
        chartYaxis.addField(chartDataProps.yVal());
        chartYaxis.setMinimum(1000.0);
        chartYaxis.setMaximum(1700.0);
        chartYaxis.setInterval(100.0);

chartXaxis = new NumericAxis<ChartData>();
        chartXaxis.setPosition(Position.BOTTOM);
        chartXaxis.setDisplayGrid(true);
        chartXaxis.addField(chartDataProps.xVal());
        chartXaxis.setMinimum(30.0);
        chartXaxis.setMaximum(65);
        chartXaxis.setInterval(5.0);

// Code for data series:
        LineSeries<ChartData> series1 = new LineSeries<ChartData>();
        series1 .setYAxisPosition(Position.LEFT);
        series1 .setYField(chartDataProps.yVal());
        envelope1Series.setGapless(true);

// Code for creating chart:
        wbChart = new Chart<ChartData>();
        wbChart.setStore(chartStore);
        wbChart.addAxis(chartYaxis);
        wbChart.addAxis(chartXaxis);
        wbChart.addSeries(series1 );
        wbChart.setDefaultInsets(10);
As you can see, I set both min/max intervals. I was expecting that anything I plot will be scaled accordingly, not divided in equal parts.

I don't know what else to try, I've been trying to crack this for days now and it's starting to get really silly. I would really appreciate any kind of advice.