Thread: Properties in Grid column

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: Properties in Grid column

Hi All.

I have a trouble about saving the runtime configuration of a column in a grid with the last version of ExtJS.

In a project I use a function that returns the runtime configuration of a column in a Grid.
    To take the list of my columns in the Grid I use this piece of code:
    var cmV = cmpGrid.getView();
    var cmH = cmV.getHeaderCt();
    var cm = cmH.getGridColumns();
    The last var return
    s an array with the configured columns in the grid.
    Analyzing this array with Firebug I had found the subarray "config" that contains the properties required by the columns for the runtime configuration. In past version of ExtJS (maybe 3.4.1) this array reflect the changed configuration of a column at runtime.

Now this array doesn't reflect more the changed configuration of a column but the default configuration applied to a column.
    Because I have found this new behavior I have changed my code to get the properties of a column not from the subarray config but from the radix. However now the possible configurations are so much.
    I have this two question for you:

• the new behavior for the subarray config is a bug or what else
    • there is a way to reduce or to have only the principal properties for type of columns in a grid?

Thanks at all in advance,
    Lorenzo.

2. Lorenzo, it is not a bug. There is nothing out of the box to keep track of this. You could create an override to keep track of properties that are of concern to you.

Sencha User
    Answers

No help yet about this error?

Answers

Lorenzo, it is not a bug. There is nothing out of the box to keep track of this. You could create an override to keep track of properties that are of concern to you.

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alex.volfson View Post
    Lorenzo, it is not a bug. There is nothing out of the box to keep track of this. You could create an override to keep track of properties that are of concern to you.
    Hi alex.volfson. Thanks for this reply.
    Yes, I have followed the way of save only some configurations of the columns for register the situation of my grid.
    However, this not appear to me the perfect way of save the columns configuration.
    How I have said, in the oldest version of ExtJS (3.4.0) the property array "config" was the method to obtain the properties of the columns in the grids and this array conteined the most configurations of the columns and his changed properties at runtime.
    Maybe this is not a bug but it helped a lot in past.

Thanks again,
    Lorenzo.