Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ext.menu.Item changes the hash to # when clicking on Windows 10 Touch Screens

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-17945 in 5.1.3.

Default Ext.menu.Item changes the hash to # when clicking on Windows 10 Touch Screens

Hi All,

I am facing a issue we found when using the Menus of ExtJS 6 in a Windows 10 Touch Screen computer.

When we hit the menu using the mouse on the touch screen the url changes to # and it's causing the application to change the history of the browser and in our case the router addresses.

I created a fiddle to test the problem:
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/17pq/preview

If we touch the screen, it works but if we hit with the mouse it changes the url to the #.

I tried to check the fired events and I found that the touchstart, touchend, tap, pointerdown are fired, tried to put e.preventDefault but it still goes to the url.

If someone have any idea what can I test to stop this issue, let me know to test, thanks.
    Javier Rincón aka SysCobra

Hi again

I see someone posted the fix was applied to EXTJS-17945 in 5.1.3 but first I am using ExtJS 6, second where I can find information on EXTJS-17945 or look what was the fix and try to apply myself to our application, I have support and paid subscription but I cannot find a way to get this ticket or the fix that was applied to help me on fixing the issue.

Thanks
    Javier Rincón aka SysCobra

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. This issue has been fixed for both 6.0.2 and 5.1.3. I don't see an override on that ticket, but you can open a Support ticket to see if an override is feasible. The change only touches one file so they should be able to help.

Hello,

Is anyone able to please share the override that was used to fix this? We noticed the issue has been resolved in 6.0.2, but it isn't a good time for us to risk an upgrade just yet. FWIW, we are seeing this on a laptop running windows 10.

Much appreciated,
    Dan

Sencha User

I don't currently have an override for this. Which version of Ext JS are you looking to patch?

Hi Gary,

We're on 6.0.1. If you don't have a workaround that's okay. We've actually found sort of a fix which should be sufficient for us until we have time to upgrade to 6.0.2.

See my last post on here if anyone else is stuck: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...82#post1140082

Dan

Sencha User

I'm on 5.1.1 and would really appreciate some info about a workaround. Unfortunately, the solution dmoore1 provided is not viable for us since we can't touch the Chrome settings of all our users.

Thanks

Sencha User

Have a look at the onBoxReady method in menu/Menu.js. Compare the difference between the if statement on line 332 (5.1.1) and 334 (5.1.3) for what to change in your override.

Hi,

I too facing the same issue "On clicking menu item, gets redirected with hash(#) in chrome".
    Anyone can help with override for version Ext - 5.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    Have a look at the onBoxReady method in menu/Menu.js. Compare the difference between the if statement on line 332 (5.1.1) and 334 (5.1.3) for what to change in your override.
    I'm using 6.0.1 and unable to upgrade at this time. How do I fix this issue? This is a major problem for us right now and we can't have our users changing flags and we're not using touchscreens.

We are using a modern toolkit with navigation menus that work as expected, but we also use many context menus and sub menus for our app that are causing the page to redirect to "#".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast