Thread: Newbie Q: Converting Ext4 app to Ext5 - fields not initializing

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Newbie Q: Converting Ext4 app to Ext5 - fields not initializing

I'm new to ExtJS, so bear with me.
    I have a stand-alone app which was using ExtJS 4.2.1, and which we're changing to use 5.1.1.451. The first step was to set up an ExtJS5 directory at the same level as the old ExtSJ4 directory, then fix the few path references in the code to point to the new directory. So far, so good. There was a missing resources folder, which I copied over, and missing ext-all.js, which I put where it belonged (the 5.1.1.451 version). Firebug shows no more errors anywhere, and the app comes up. So far, so good. But the page consists of 4 drop-down lists which are to be populated from JS string arrays, and they are not filled. Firebug shows that the arrays are being set properly, so I'm thinking there may be some known difference between ExtJS versions 4 and 5 that requires other adjustments for the initializations to take place properly.
    It's hard for me to debug as a newbie to ExtJS, because it's not at all evident what triggers the initializations, or how to follow the process, being as everything is built dynamically. It's so different from old-style procedural JavaScript that I'm a bit lost.
    Thanks for any pointers!

Sencha User
    Answers

Can you post one of your combo configs and a sample of the data you are using to populate it?

Sencha User
    Answers

It was hard to get the running code, but this is what I get from FireBug for the first combo list.
    I'm not sure where the list is populated, but the data comes from an array which is declared in an included JS file; this array looks correct in FireBug.
    Code:
    <div id="multiselectfield-1018" class="x-container x-form-fieldcontainer x-form-item x-form-item-default x-column x-container-default x-column-form-item" style="height: 112px; width: 718px;">
    <label id="multiselectfield-1018-labelEl" class="x-form-item-label x-form-item-label-default x-form-item-label-top x-unselectable" style="" data-ref="labelEl">
    <span class="x-form-item-label-inner x-form-item-label-inner-default" style="padding-bottom:5px;">US Classifications:</span>
    </label>
    <div id="multiselectfield-1018-bodyEl" class="x-form-item-body x-form-item-body-default " data-ref="bodyEl">
    <div id="multiselectfield-1018-containerEl" class="" role="presentation" data-ref="containerEl" style="height: 98px; width: 718px;">
    <div id="multiselectfield-1018-outerCt" class="x-autocontainer-outerCt" role="presentation" data-ref="outerCt" style="width: 100%; table-layout: fixed; height: 100%;">
    <div id="multiselectfield-1018-innerCt" class="x-autocontainer-innerCt" role="presentation" style="" data-ref="innerCt">
    <div id="boundlist-1019" class="x-boundlist x-boundlist-default" tabindex="0" style="border-width: 1px; height: 98px;" componentid="boundlist-1019">
    <div id="boundlist-1019-listWrap" class="x-boundlist-list-ct x-unselectable" role="presentation" data-ref="listWrap" style="overflow: auto; height: 96px;">
    <ul id="boundlist-1019-listEl" class="x-list-plain" data-ref="listEl">
    <li class="x-boundlist-item x-boundlist-selected" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="0" data-recordid="9" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="1" data-recordid="10" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="2" data-recordid="11" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="3" data-recordid="12" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="4" data-recordid="13" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="5" data-recordid="14" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="6" data-recordid="15" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    <li class="x-boundlist-item" unselectable="on" role="option" tabindex="-1" data-recordindex="7" data-recordid="16" data-boundview="boundlist-1019"></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    Data:
    Code:
    var ssStore = [
        'CLASS ONE',
        'CLASS TWO',