Thread: Grid Column hidden: 'true' plus .refresh() artifacts, related to loading gridstate.

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Grid Column hidden: 'true' plus .refresh() artifacts, related to loading gridstate.

First an explanation of why I am doing attempting to do this. I am storing grid states remotely and loading them via state.manager.httpProvider. After a state read I
    Code:
    grid.initState();
    grid.getView().refresh();
    to apply my state to the grid. This method is causing the artifacts as described below.

When manually setting columns to hidden(as a initState does) and refreshing the grid a variety of artifacts are caused and hidden columns are partly shown as demonstrated in this fiddle.
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/163n

Can someone help with a solution? Thank you

Sencha - Sustaining Engineer tristan.lee's Avatar
    Answers

Where and when are you applying the state? Is it part of the UX classes you have defined? State must be applied before component initialization.
    Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Sustaining Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Embed your fiddle in your post: [FIDDLE]id[/FIDDLE]

Sencha User
    Answers

Thank you, I am applying the state in the readsuccess listener of my state provider. Because the provider is AJAX my grid is initialized before the state has returned. My followup would be, how can I delay the grid initialization until my state is ready?