Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Studio 2015 Pro crashes with Sencha Visual Studio Plugin 6.0.3

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Exclamation Answered: Visual Studio 2015 Pro crashes with Sencha Visual Studio Plugin 6.0.3

I create a new project Application and Web API with vsp 6.0.3,

The project is created, but when i rebuild or publish, visual estudio stop working.

I formatted my pc, and reinstal all and the problem persists.

Capture1.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    Capture3.jpg
    Capture4.jpg

2. By Now, i solve the problem using
    Nightly Builds
    vsp 6.0.4.457.

I hope the final release not back to the problem; should have a option to prevent automatically updates, vsp 6.0.2 workfine whit my production projects, but the 6.0.3 It has been a disaster for me.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

By Now, i solve the problem using
    Nightly Builds
    vsp 6.0.4.457.

I hope the final release not back to the problem; should have a option to prevent automatically updates, vsp 6.0.2 workfine whit my production projects, but the 6.0.3 It has been a disaster for me.

Sencha User
    Answers

It is known bug, which was already fixed in nightly build. Fix will be included also in next release. Apart from using nigtly build, there is also another workaround: remove all ext examples from your application, located on: Sencha\ext\examples.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I noticed that there is a .wpp.targets file created that MSBuild then uses to build every configuration you have listed in Visual Studio instead of just the one that you are trying to publish. I could not file publish or web deploy with Visual Studio while the plugin was installed. I uninstalled the 6.0.3 version of the plugin and I was able to publish just fine. I also was able to publish with 6.0.2 version. Version 6.0.4.457 did not work for me. I also had issues with it. I am currently leaving the plugin uninstalled.

Sencha User
    Answers

gordonhutchens, can you please specify what issues do you have with version 6.0.4.457? And can you post content of your wpp.targets file?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

The content of the .app.targets file is:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
      <ItemGroup>
        <ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
        <ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
        <ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
        <ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
        <ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha" />
      </ItemGroup>
      <PropertyGroup>
        <PipelineDependsOn>
          CustomBeforePublish;
          $(PipelineDependsOn);
        </PipelineDependsOn>
      </PropertyGroup>
      <PropertyGroup>
        <CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn>
          CustomCollectFiles;
          $(CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn);
        </CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn>
        <CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForMsdeployDependsOn>
          CustomCollectFiles;
          $(CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn);
        </CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForMsdeployDependsOn>
      </PropertyGroup>
      <Target Name="CustomCollectFiles">
        <ItemGroup>
          <_CustomFiles Include="obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;Sencha\build\production\**\*" />
          <FilesForPackagingFromProject Include="%(_CustomFiles.Identity)">
            <DestinationRelativePath>%(RecursiveDir)%(Filename)%(Extension)</DestinationRelativePath>
          </FilesForPackagingFromProject>
        </ItemGroup>
      </Target>
      <Target Name="CustomBeforePublish">
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
          <Output TaskParameter="ConsoleOutput" PropertyName="OutputOfExec" />
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\Registration">
        </Exec>
        <Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\Validate">
        </Exec>
      </Target>
    </Project>
    When I try to do a file publish, I get this error. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2998,5): Error : Copying file obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\BrowseGenerate\app.js to obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\BrowseGenerate\app.js failed. Could not find file 'obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\BrowseGenerate\app.js'.

Sencha User
    Answers

It seems that there is some old stuff in SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj directory. Can you delete content of obj directory and then try publish once more (right click on project name, then select publish)?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I deleted all items in the obj folder and I was able to publish to file system.

Still random crashing going on with 6.0.4.467... I suspect it is the TERN program. I would suggest finding an alternative to generating intellisense as this program is a resource hog and makes VS unstable. Once I disable the Sencha plugin, VS becomes fast and stable. I am forced to run Sencha Cmd app watch outside of VS but that's a good trade considering the instability of the plugin.

Hoping this gets resolved for .NET-built API developers like our shop.
    Rob Kennedy, CSM | Manager of Software Development
    Vasont Systems - A TransPerfect Company

I down loaded and installed the VS 2015 Extension yesterday "July 27". First time I tried to rebuild my project, VS locked up. I rebooted my machine and tried again. Same issue. So I uninstalled it. Project Built fine as usual. I imagine my 30 day "trial" will expire without me being able to see what it can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast