Thread: Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor click events in text area

Sencha User

Default Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor click events in text area

We are using the htmlEditor and have a requirement to have text in the editor with custom links (text will have meta data in the dom when rendered that once clicked it will perform an action). I don't see in the documentation any event for handling such action. Can you provide some help on this?

Sencha User
    Answers

Yes, unfortunately there isn't a click event on the htmleditor and the focus event is private. Any chance that you can utilize the change event?

Sencha User

not sure that will work but can try. I would need to get the event.target of the specific text with the link so I can grab the meta data properties in order to perform the respective action. Do you know if change event provides that? in other words what I am looking for is sort of an event like the onCellClick in Ext.grid.plugin.Editing used for Ext.view.Table

Sencha User

Actually I will need to escalate this to an ExtJS software engineer as we are using a licensed version. This is critical to our requirement and need to validate if this is feasible within the Ext component html editor that is an iframe. Change event won't do any of what I need. Will I need to escalate this thru sencha support?

Sencha User
    Answers

If you have a Support subscription, feel free to go to support.sencha.com and open a Support ticket.

The htmleditor is a bit more limited in functionality than other form fields due to its utilization of an iframe. This is discussed on the doc page a bit. It is not recommended for use as a column editor.

Sencha User

yes we do so I will open a ticket. thx