Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the new documentor be available for our own apps?

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Looking for the jsduck replacment and found this topic, but not sure what's the current situation.

We evaluate a migration from extjs 4.2 to 6.5 but we need a tool to extract the sources definition as JSON (as jsduck does).
    Didn't try jsduck on extjs 6.5 sources yet, but it seems it's not the way to go as jsduck was replaced by something else.

In your last post you mention a new doc processor, is it the doxi command from the Sencha Cmd CLI 6.5 or is it something else ?
    Can I use the current doxi command now and switch later to your new tool ? (the JSON outputs will be the same or very close ?)

Dominique

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

You can can certainly use Doxi as it's part of Cmd.

It will comb through your source code and output JSON. It's half of the tool that we use. The other half is the JSON processor. Check out this thread for instructions on using Doxi.

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?311491

Thanks!
    Greg

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dwahli View Post
    Didn't try jsduck on extjs 6.5 sources yet, but it seems it's not the way to go as jsduck was replaced by something else.
    You can still use JSDuck, if you don't need a docset for both toolkits and you're not using certain ES6 features (like template strings).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by greg.barry View Post
    You can can certainly use Doxi as it's part of Cmd.

It will comb through your source code and output JSON. It's half of the tool that we use. The other half is the JSON processor. Check out this thread for instructions on using Doxi.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hi Greg. I hope you can post a simple Ext project with a project.doxi.json as bolierplate.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hello!

In that other forum post I linked, you'll find full instructions and an example project.doxi.json file. Let me know if there's anything you're missing or if you need any further instructions. Here's a link directly to the post I'm talking about:

Thanks!
    Greg

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by greg.barry View Post
    Our first pass at our documentation software was rushed, and we created it with node, which we didn't have a lot of experience with. It was slow, unstable, and very very tied to our personal CI needs. We realized it wasn't going to be helpful for our users without some major modifications. (we as in the documentation team, not all of Sencha)

A couple months ago, we moved forward with our efforts to rebuild the doc processor with other users in mind. In this rebuild, we implemented multi-threading, smarter processing, fewer dependencies, a cleaner architecture so that users could modify and override as needed, etc. We are very happy with the results.

We are currently QA'ing the output for ExtReact and Ext JS 6.5. Once we're happy with the results, we'll rebuild all of our documentation with the new tool. At that point, we'll likely be ready to share the tool.

We really just want to be confident in the software before we release it.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Is there a roadmap for the release of this doc tool from Sencha?
    I'd like to know whether there is a roadmap so that I can go for an alternative (e.g. JSDuck) if there is no roadmap from Sencha or if there is, but it won't match our project schedule.
    I would love to use the new tool, but without the html renderer framework, doxi is almost useless to me.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by valio View Post
    Is there a roadmap for the release of this doc tool from Sencha?
    I'd like to know whether there is a roadmap so that I can go for an alternative (e.g. JSDuck) if there is no roadmap from Sencha or if there is, but it won't match our project schedule.
    I would love to use the new tool, but without the html renderer framework, doxi is almost useless to me.
    Valio,

I don't want to disappoint you, but I don't think the documentation tool will make it to the public forum anytime soon.

If your project schedule is dependent on a documentation tool, I'd advise you to utilize JSDuck or something similar.

Thanks!
    Greg

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Where is this at?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12