Thread: Binding to multiselect combobox.selection has a bug?

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Binding to multiselect combobox.selection has a bug?

If a bind the disabled property of a button to a multiselect combo.selection property, it doesn't work the first time if only one record is selected. If I select a record, the button should be enabled, but I have to select two then one again for it to behave like it should. It is only the first time it doesn't work properly.

Here is a fiddle demonstrating the problem.

Sencha - Support Team bjdurham85's Avatar

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the info. While I can see the scenario you've described using the multiselect on a comboBox has been deprecated and should instead be replaced with a Ext.form.field.Tag or Ext.view.MultiSelector

Do these produce the desired affect?

Bryan

Sencha Premium User

I haven't tried either of those in this use case yet, and was not aware of the combobox multiselect deprecation. That is very sad news indeed because the more items I select in a tagfield the bigger it gets and my efforts so far to restrict its size have got nowhere. I'd like users to be able to select lots of things without the tagfield taking up loads of space :-(

Edit: I've just noticed "grow: false" (but it has no effect), so "growMax: 25" seems to do the job sufficiently for now.

Sencha Premium User

Also, if you set a width on a tagfield you get very strange results. It seems to want a whole heap of extra blank space in there or else it'll show an internal scroll bar. These tagfields do not make very good substitutes for a good old-fashioned multiselect combobox. I've updated the Fiddle to a tagfield now. So, either way, I'm going to have to waste a lot of extra screen real estate for these things :-(

Sencha Premium User

Tag fields are not as good as combo boxes as far as accessibility is concerned (using NVDA screen reader) so I'm going to have to stick with comboboxes for the time being. I hope Sencha improves the accessibility of tagfields before ultimately stripping comboboxes of their multiselect capability.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by bjdurham85 View Post
    While I can see the scenario you've described using the multiselect on a comboBox has been deprecated and should instead be replaced with a Ext.form.field.Tag or Ext.view.MultiSelector

Do these produce the desired affect?

Bryan
    Yes they are, please see the https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/20sh