Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ExtJS 6.2 Calendar Sample Data

Answers

Oh, on another note - including code packages in Fiddle is either challenging or impossible.

However....
    Fiddle 2 is soon to be a thing. And in Fiddle 2 we plan to support code packages including framework code packages like Calendar. There'll be some more interesting updates that should make complex examples easier to both share and inspect, too.

Mitch is working hard on it currently and I've been testing it out. He's going to be doing a whole presentation on it at Senchacon, too. So, if you haven't signed up for Senchacon and were waiting for that one extra cool reason to show up - this might just be it!

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Thanks slemmon. I'm definitely seeing my calendar events now, in day/week/month views and all's well apart from that label bug which (thankfully) you've been able to reproduce. If you happen to come up with a quick workaround I might be able to implement before the next Ext JS release, I'd welcome it (or perhaps there's a different way to disable the edit form and handle the click event?)

And as for SenchaCon, Las Vegas is a long, long, way from Australia and just a few days before that I'll have returned from London. Total flight time is about 24 hours each way for that, so I'll be a walking zombie by the time I return, alas. I look forward to seeing Fiddle 2 when it's ready.

Answers

@marc

If only we were hosting in Las Vegas, Australia... if that is a thing...

Look for lots of helpful goodies in Fiddle due out soon-ish, though. We'll have some write-ups / guides detailing the updates to go along with the release.

Can you post to the Premium forums asking for a patch for the EXTJS-22779 issue you reported? Overrides pre-release are a Premium privilege so we'll want to communicate on that in the Premium channel. Just post the thread link back here once you've got it posted and we can pick up that conversation over there.

Also, something I noticed from your example; if you're setting calendar panel listeners you have to do so currently on the view configs themselves. But, we're going to address that on an internal feature request for a future release. The calendar events should relay to the view.Multi and panel.Panel containers so you don't have to configure common calendar event listeners on each view.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Thanks. Here's a link to the other thread.

The closest thing Australia would have to Las Vegas might be the Gold Coast in south east Queensland I guess, but there's a tendency among some to add "-vegas" to the name of some places, such as "Brisvegas" for Brisbane and even "Tamvegas" for my own town. Bizarre, I know :-)

Sencha User

Default Pre-loaded single, not all day events not showing in day/week view of calendar-panel

Hey, you guys may have already found a fix for this... I have found that the when I pass events through ajax that events defined for one day and at a specific time only show up on the month view of the calendar-panel xtype. Creating new events of the same kind shows up in all views. Is there a way to get pre-defined single, not all day events to show in the day and week views of the calendar panel?

Here's my code. Event 2002 works in all views, but event 2001 doesn't.

StaffCalendar.js

Ext.define('Scheduling.view.grids.StaffCalendar', {
    extend: 'Ext.panel.Panel',
    xtype: 'calendar-panel',

requires: [
    'Ext.calendar.panel.Panel'
    ],

width: '95%',
    height: 700,

layout: 'fit',
    items: [{
    xtype: 'calendar',
    style: {'padding-right':'5px'},
    views: {
    day: {
    startTime: 6,
    endTime: 22
    }
    },
    timezoneOffset: 0,
    store: {
    autoLoad: true,
    proxy: {
    type: 'ajax',
    url: 'resources/test.json',
    reader: {
    type: 'json',
    rootProperty: 'calendars',
    totalProperty: 'total'
    }
    },
    eventStoreDefaults: {
    proxy: {
    type: 'ajax',
    url: 'resources/events.json'
    }
    }
    }
    }]

})

test.json

{
    "calendars":
    [{
    "id":1,
    "title": "Test",
    "color": "blue",
    "hidden": "false",
    "editable": "true",
    "eventStore": {
    "proxy": {
    "type": "ajax",
    "url": "resources/events.json"
    }
    }
    }]
    }

events.json

[
    {
    "id": 2001,
    "calendarId": 1,
    "startDate": "2016-10-05T21:30:00.000Z",
    "endDate": "2016-10-05T22:30:00.000Z",
    "color": "green",
    "title": "Meet with the design team",
    "description": "Carve out requirements for the new UI changes"
    },{
    "id": 2002,
    "calendarId": 1,
    "startDate": "2016-10-13T21:30:00.000Z",
    "endDate": "2016-10-15T22:30:00.000Z",
    "color": "red",
    "title": "Eat at Thai Ginger",
    "description": "Celebrating"
    }]

Answers

Thank you for the feedback.
    There is a ticket filed internally to review how best to display events occurring before, after, or across the start/end timespan of a day / week view.
    EXTJS-21190

I've added your use case to the notes for additional detail.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Thanks for the good read. It's gotten me much closer to getting the calendar working, but I seem to be having a problem w/ saving a new event to a calendar. I believe it has to do with the backend i'm using. I'm using an ExpressJS and MongoDB stack, and my calendar and event models use _id instead of id. I'm not sure if i have to create an explicit model for Calendar, extending Ext.calendar.model.Calendar and set idProperty: '_id' or not. Right now, when i attempt to save a new event i fail the following code:

Code:
            getEventsForCalendar: function(calendar) {
                var ret = null;

if (!calendar.isModel) {                                           // line 285 EventSource.js fails b/c calendar is null
                     calendar = this.calendarMap[calendar];
                }

if (calendar) {
                    ret = calendar.events();
                }
                return ret;
            },
    I'm just not sure how to get around the fact that mongo is looking for _id and Sencha is looking to pass id. If I need to build an explicit model to override this, what fields need to be defined? Any thoughts?

I believe the reason this is occurring is b/c i created a model and set the idProperty: '_id' w/o any other fields. Just not sure how to handle this.

Also - there was mention that you would be working on more thorough documentation of the data side of the calendar widget/plugin. Has that happened? Does it exist?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123