Thread: Is there somewhere a documenation which files...

Sencha Premium User

Default Is there somewhere a documenation which files...

Is there somewhere a documenation which files I can open with a editor outside of architect. I
    always have to make a copy of my projects and try changing a file in WebStorm for example
    to get in a Mixin. There are sometimes great tutorials on your sites, but very often I can n't use
    them for architect very often. I really sometimes don't know if still should use architect because
    it does not work the same way as your API doc is.

Sencha User
    Answers

I'm not sure I understand the question entirely, so apologies if I've missed the point. I don't know of a doc page like that, but you can open any of your application files with a text editor or IDE. While Architect is a productive development tool, there certainly are things more easily done outside of it. I don't recommend editing any files that are part of the Ext JS framework.

Sencha Premium User

Thats not exactly what I mean. Maybe I used the wrong example because I found a way to input "mixins"... but when I start a project from Architect I get a console message that I should include a meta tag for the devices in index.html, but if I do that it will be deleted again. Or I had sometimes a situation where I changed a file and could not open the project in Architect anymore. So what I am looking for is maybe a doc that says do n't touch this file or this folder, if you want to use your project in Architect again.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi Martin

About the index.html, open project settings -> uncheck overwrite index.html on save.

If the SA config panel is limiting you in any way in you can add Process Config to almost all classes in SA. Create new class and search for process config in the config panel. In this you can specify any config to your class. But it won't be rendered in the design view of the SA, only in the output App.

About editing the files outside the SA. Each project file in SA has the metadata file, where are all the configurations and other stuff saved, so if you would like to edit any class you would need to edit the metadata file too.

And about API docs, could you post an example? I think that most of the things should be achievable inside SA - but the settings might not be obvious inside the SA ui.

Regards
    Petr

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by petr.vecera View Post
    Hi Martin

And about API docs, could you post an example? I think that most of the things should be achievable inside SA - but the settings might not be obvious inside the SA ui.

Regards
    Petr
    Could he possibly not be seeing a config item? In that case you can go to the property panel and type in the config name in the search... From there on the right side of the search box an "add" button will become available.

For instance -

Lot of older button examples especially in ExtJS4 had an action property defined for the controllers to listen on.. A standard button didn't have this but you could type in action and click add.. Then it would be listed in your property panel for you to define and show up in the code inspector

Any time we have a person new to architect, it's only a matter of time till they run into that issue. While it looks obvious, the button almost camoflaged when you're trying to find it in the list