Thread: Feedback for an upcoming app

Sencha Premium Member

Default Feedback for an upcoming app

Hello (Ext)-Folks,

Hope you are all doing great.

We are about the release a beta version of one our apps and would love to get some feedback before launch
    The app is called Matila(written with GWT/Ext JS
    of course ).
    I will explain why the name Matila in another post

At core Matila is a text editor that helps user read text base files, locally or on any drive service.
    The files can also be saved locally or remotely on any cloud service.
    We will start with the FileSystem, DropBox and Google Drive support and will add more services soon.

With Matila one can also manage files (rename, delete, move ) across the local file system and any cloud service. Think of moving a file from dropbox to google drive with a simple drag and drop.
    Or from dropbox to the local file system.

Matila will be available on the web, Window, Linux and Mac. With mobiles clients in beta2

We plan to support opening more files format (PDF, Office, Images, Video, etc ) right inside matila in the future. For the first release only text based files can be opened. The others will be downloaded.

What do you guyz think ?
    Is this something you would use ? If no why not ? What can we do better ?

Looking forward for your feedback

Regards,

Alain
    Matila.jpg

Ext JS Premium Member

It looks really great and like the simple layout. I only use Google Drive since I pay for their service. Looks like this app will benefit from someone who uses multiple cloud drives...which I'm not. Also, I question the security as well since my private document will be downloaded to your server. At least for me, I just feel more safer to edit directly through the source. Good luck!

Sencha Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback.

We want to make it appealing even for someone who only uses one account/service.

We want to make the editing experience better than on each service for example.
    I think the integration with the local file system could be interesting for you too.

We take security very very very seriously.

Per default we dont save any file on our servers. We stream the content directly to the client. We only save files when you are registered and when you explicitly ask for it on the settings.(Most likely when one wants us to remember opened files and editor settings). But even when we save the files the content is encrypted.

Hope you will give it a try when we release.

Quote Originally Posted by sg707 View Post
    It looks really great and like the simple layout. I only use Google Drive since I pay for their service. Looks like this app will benefit from someone who uses multiple cloud drives...which I'm not. Also, I question the security as well since my private document will be downloaded to your server. At least for me, I just feel more safer to edit directly through the source. Good luck!

Default Feedback for an upcoming app

Hi
    I am new in this forum .

It looks truly awesome and like the basic design. I just utilize Google Drive since I pay for their administration. It would appear that this application will profit by somebody who utilizes numerous cloud drives...which I'm definitely not. I doubt the security also since my private record will be downloaded to your server. In any event for me, I simply feel more secure to alter straightforwardly through the source. Good fortunes!

Just downloaded the app and tried to run it, but I'm guessing that all of the assets are loaded from a remote server and its not detecting my corporate laptop's proxy settings to fetch the assets. If you're building a native app, I'd highly recommend that you bundle all required assets and simply implement an update feature instead of how you're currently distributing the app.

All the best,
    Niall.

Sencha Premium Member

The app is currently offline. So I guess that s why. We are working on another app right now and we will bring it app asap.
    Thanks for checking.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekambos View Post
    The app is currently offline. So I guess that s why. We are working on another app right now and we will bring it app asap.
    Thanks for checking.