Thread: Load views on fly instead of entire app at once

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Load views on fly instead of entire app at once

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about ExtJs concept. Somewhere I saw, that there is possible to make it load only required views for that times and if (for instance) you click in menu on Users, only then that Users view and additional data would be loaded. It's useful for large application...

I managed to get this working by not adding views into any 'requires'. I get warning message, but after I click in menu on 'Users', via FireBug I see that this view and other required data are loaded only then and not before. However, then I commit code to the server and test it remotely, this is not working and the only way to make it work is to add views into 'requires'.

Looks like the problem is that app is adding keyword 'widget' from out of blue :o and URL looks like this:
    http://www.myapp.com/widget/appName/view/users/User.js instead of
    http://www.myapp.com/app/view/users/User.js

Could you tell me, is it possible to achieve what I'm looking for and what is the right way to do that? (I work via Visual Studio, without ExtJs template so no Sencha CMD)

Thank you in advance!

Sencha User
    Answers

Using 'requires' statements is the standard way to let the compiler know where the code is. Perhaps you could use the requires so that the code is defined, and only instantiate the view when it is needed?

Sencha User
    Answers

If I add view into 'requires' it will be automatically downloaded to the client after he visits the web page (http://myExtJsApp.com), even if that view is not initialized at that time. My goal is that view would be only downloaded when client clicks in menu on ie.: Users.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough about that, hope so now is better Is there a way to achieve that?

Sencha User
    Answers

Looks like it was my fault. I excluded one file before committing code and forgot about it. However, I still would like to understand best practice how to make views downloaded to the client only then that particular view is needed (for example, when client clicks on record in menu and that one view would be sent to him and loaded).

As I said, if I don't add view to the 'requirements' I get warning message (below), but also I get what I want: view file (for example: UserForm.js) is downloaded for a client only then it's needed.
    [W] [Ext.Loader] Synchronously loading 'MyApp.view.UserForm'; consider adding Ext.require('MyApp.view.UserForm') above Ext.onReady
    Is this is a good practice or there is a better one?

Sencha User
    Answers

Bump. Really would like to know that, as at the moment I'm building a prototype for company I'm working for. My English is not super, so if there is something not very clear let me now!

Sencha User
    Answers