Thread: Grouping and sorting huge quantity of data in grid

Sencha User

Default Grouping and sorting huge quantity of data in grid

Hi, i've a grid where i display some rows based on user filter, about 40.000 rows maximum (this is the worst case, but possible).

I'm working with Extjs + Asp.NET, so JSON store. I know that i can use paging, but i need the grouping (and sorting) funtionality of the grid. Grouping on single page has no sense, i've tried also with infinite scrollbar but the problems persists.

I've seen that grid's rendering, also with 20.000 rows is not so bad, the problem is that in this case the JSONResult passed by Asp.NET to javascript is very huge (about 15 MB and i've reduced at least length of description fields).

So my questions are:
    - Can i ZIP in asp.net the json result and decompress in javascript?
    - Any other suggestions about managing so many data keeping grid's grouping and sorting funtionality?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha Premium Member richardvd's Avatar
    Answers

Enable HTTP compression in your web server. The browser will decompress automatically without any change in your Javascript.

I have no experience with ASP.NET but this Google result may be helpful:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...c-with-iis-7-5

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by mto89 View Post
    Hi, i've a grid where i display some rows based on user filter, about 40.000 rows maximum (this is the worst case, but possible).

I'm working with Extjs + Asp.NET, so JSON store. I know that i can use paging, but i need the grouping (and sorting) funtionality of the grid. Grouping on single page has no sense, i've tried also with infinite scrollbar but the problems persists.

I've seen that grid's rendering, also with 20.000 rows is not so bad, the problem is that in this case the JSONResult passed by Asp.NET to javascript is very huge (about 15 MB and i've reduced at least length of description fields).

So my questions are:
    - Can i ZIP in asp.net the json result and decompress in javascript?
    - Any other suggestions about managing so many data keeping grid's grouping and sorting funtionality?

Thanks in advance.

There is no way to do this compressing data of json result in asp net and decompression in javascript without change iis configuration?