Thread: Sencha App Build PhantomJS aborts with Not enough storage is available ...

Sencha Premium User

Default Sencha App Build PhantomJS aborts with Not enough storage is available ...

This looks like a global resource leak.

First, allow me to observe as an aside that on our windows clients and build server systems I observe nearly a GIGABYTE of memory is used by SENCHA CMD when it runs. Sencha CMD main process (.exe) has 842-900 megs of RAM usage, and it launches PhantomJS which uses another 200 megs. Combined, that's a GIG of RAM just to do a build. This seems highly excessive.

Now on to the actual bug.

When I run Sencha cmd repeatedly on a build server, it eventually consumes and does not release, some core windows desktop heap resources, leading to phantomjs to crash with errors like this one, which seems to be a low level Qt/C++ exception due to a Win32 resource heap exhaustion. This is reproducible after about 400 repeated builds with SENCHA CMD and PHANTOMJS being involved.

Code:
          SetProcessDpiAwareness failed: "COM error 0x80070005  (Unknown error 0x0ffffffff80070005)"

struct HWND__ *__cdecl qt_create_internal_window(const class QEventDispatcherWin32 *): CreateWindow() for QEventDispatcherWin32 internal window failed (Not enough storage is available to process this command.)

Qt: INTERNAL ERROR: failed to install GetMessage hook: 8, Not enough storage is available to process this command.

[ERR] 

[ERR] BUILD FAILED

[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: PhantomJS sass build exited with code : 1

[ERR] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMe

[ERR] thodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

[ERR] 

[ERR] Total time: 12 seconds

[ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:

...\Worklist\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:334: The following error occurred while executing this line:

...\Worklist\.sencha\app\slice-impl.xml:360: The following error occurred while executing this line:

...\Worklist\.sencha\app\slice-impl.xml:361: The following error occurred while executing this line:

...\Worklist\.sencha\app\slice-impl.xml:104: com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: PhantomJS sass build exited with code : 1

ERROR: Build failed: exit status 321

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. On which version of Windows are you seeing this? Which version of Cmd?

I also got the error SetProcessDpiAwareness failed: "COM error 0x80070005 (Unknown error 0x0ffffffff80070005)" on Windows 10 and Sencha Cmd v6.2.1.29.

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar

Is this on a 64-bit device?
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

Quote Originally Posted by israelroldan View Post
    In my case - yes. Though my build does not fail, just getting exactly the same error.
    Sorry, if I was confusing.

Code:
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\build\temp\production\trunk\sass\WebApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\build\temp\production\trunk\sass\WebApp-all.scss.tmp
    SetProcessDpiAwareness failed: "COM error 0x80070005  (Unknown error 0x0ffffffff80070005)"
    [LOG] Building C:/Users/kedavra/Project/www/trunk/client/build/temp/production/trunk/sass/WebApp-all.scss
    Exiting with code 0
    [INF] Application available at http://localhost:1841
    [INF] Appending content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Copying page resources to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\build\production\WebApp
    [INF] Applying version stamps to json resource entries
    [INF] Building output markup to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client/build/production/trunk/index.html
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\build\production\trunk\index.html
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Users\kedavra\Project\www\trunk\client\build\production\trunk\microloader.js

Sencha Premium User

With ExtJs 6.2.1 and latest Cmd 6.2.1.29:

I get this when I simply compile a custom theme package and when I create a from scratch sample application sencha -sdk c:\ext-6.2.1 generate app MyApp c:\workspace\MyApp.

No idea if this causes any problems so it is a little disconcerting.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by israelroldan View Post
    Is there any known solution?
    I'm also getting this error while building on a 64-bit Windows 10 with Sencha CMD v6.2.1.29

App is building successfully, but needs a lot of time because of this error.
    This is very annoying when using "sencha app watch"

Code:
    [INF] writing sass content to D:\Eclipse\Workspace\SenchaWorkspace\build\temp\production\Betriebshofmanagement\sass\config.rb
    [INF] Writing content to D:\Eclipse\Workspace\SenchaWorkspace\build\production\Betriebshofmanagement\app.json
    [LOG] Building D:/Eclipse/Workspace/SenchaWorkspace/build/temp/production/Betriebshofmanagement/sass/Betriebshofmanagement-all.scss
    Exiting with code 0
    [INF] Appending content to D:\Eclipse\Workspace\SenchaWorkspace\apps\Betriebshofmanagement\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to D:\Eclipse\Workspace\SenchaWorkspace\apps\Betriebshofmanagement\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Copying page resources to D:\Eclipse\Workspace\SenchaWorkspace\build\production\Betriebshofmanagement
    [INF] Applying version stamps to json resource entries