Thread: 6.0.2 Constructing a grid panel with store causes exception due to no 'viewConfig'

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: 6.0.2 Constructing a grid panel with store causes exception due to no 'viewConfig'

I have a scenario where I want to be able to construct a grid panel with a store object that's already been instantiated, which seems like a valid thing to do per the API doc. Like this:

Code:
        myStore = Ext.create('MyApp.stores.MyStore',
        )

Ext.create('MyApp.grids.MyGridPanel',
                store: myStore
        )

The superclass constructor chain eventually calls `initConfig` which calls `setStore` which calls `reconfigure` which calls `getView`. The problem is that `getView` then tries to access `this.viewConfig` which hasn't been supplied because there's no need to override the defaults.

The problem seems to be that `this.viewConfig` doesn't get initialized until `initComponent` is called so it isn't available during construction of the grid panel.

I can find a workaround for this, but it seems like a bug to me and something that worked as advertised in 4.2. It seems like maybe the `setStore` call that gets triggered during `initConfig` shouldn't try to reconfigure things during construction or perhaps `viewConfig` should be initialized to empty object in the constructor instead of `initComponent`.

Thanks

2. Well, once again posting out here caused me to find my issue within minutes. The problem seems to be that MyGridPanel was defined like this:

Code:
    Ext.define('MyApp.grids.MyGridPanel'
        extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel'

config:
            store: null
    )
    The gratuitous 'store' config on my subclass is apparently what triggered the 'setStore' call in the first place. Once I removed that, the chain of events described above no longer happens.

I haven't figured out how the base classes are getting around the 'setStore' call from within 'initConfig', but I guess I'll move along.

Thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Well, once again posting out here caused me to find my issue within minutes. The problem seems to be that MyGridPanel was defined like this:

Code:
    Ext.define('MyApp.grids.MyGridPanel'
        extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel'

config:
            store: null
    )
    The gratuitous 'store' config on my subclass is apparently what triggered the 'setStore' call in the first place. Once I removed that, the chain of events described above no longer happens.

I haven't figured out how the base classes are getting around the 'setStore' call from within 'initConfig', but I guess I'll move along.

Thanks