Thread: Architect 3.1 not starting on debian anymore.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Architect 3.1 not starting on debian anymore.

I am having problems launching sencha architect 3.1 on debian linux 8 (x64). It used to work on this machine, but i haven't used architect for some time. To make sure it is not my machine, i installed a new debian 8 with the same result.

Problem:
    When i start sencha architect it will ask for my user credentials. If i enter them wrong, the login screen will display an error message. If I enter the correct credentials, the logon screen will hang forever, not showing the main window.

My license is ok, I have a 5 user license, only using 2.

It used to wok on this machine but probably broke with an update.

I started start.sh from a shell and was watching the output. After submitting my credentials, unfortunately no further messages are displayed in the console.

I had to create a symlink for libudev.so.0 (this used to be the case for a long time already since debian only ships with libudev.so.1 [1.5]).

Here is a screnshot of the sonsole output and where i cannot get past:

architect-3-license.jpg

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi

Are you behind the proxy? There might be issue with that. The thing that it displays you that your account as expired is probably because the license file is corrupted / not-valid.

When you delete your license file. It will show you correctly the login window in SA?

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to 3.5? Your license should be valid for it.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am behind a compny proxy. it doesn't seem to be a problem, when I enter wrong credentials on the login form, i'll get an error messagethat credentials are wrong. so i assume communication with your end works. also i can login and get to the above view, but then clicking on activate does not do anything.

The above test was done on a new debian 8 install, ona a new SSD, with a new profile, there shouldn't be any corrupt files.

I would love to use architect 3.5 but could not find where to download it. i own sencha complete and can download it at support.sencha.com from my account but architect is not listed there. It's hard to find stuff on your page these days.

Cheers,
    -S

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I see. The SA 3.5 is available for download in the download section. But I don't know if your particular license should have access to SA stand-alone. You can contact support@sencha.com with question about your license and access to SA.

I know that there was an problem with license activation on SA 3.x , some problems were resolved with 3.5 and everything should be working correctly from 4.0+

Please try to delete your license file, should be located at:
    ~/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 3.1

And try to log-in few more times , if it always shows that your license is expired, try to delete it again. Restart.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Dear Petr

I actually do have a 5 seat license for architect and another 5 seat license for complete. Could you point me out where to find this download section?

I have already pruged the ~/.local/share/Sencha directory a couple of times to no avail.

Best wishes
    -S

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You should see them clearly on https://support.sencha.com/#download if that's not the case, please contact the support.

With the SA. Can you send me (in PM) the user.license file which is generated by SA on your login? Should be located at:
    ~/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 3.1
    Let's take a look on the generated license.

There are probably 2 scenarios:
    - Something is wrong on the license server and you are no longer getting the correct license.
    - There is "some" interference when the license file is generated.

If there is some problem we could generate you offline license for your specific computer.
    But SA 3.1 is really old. In both cases you will probably have to contact the sencha support directly.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Petr,

I experience the same issue with Sencha Architect 3.1.0.1943 on Ubuntu 14.04 x64.

After removing the user.license file from ~/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 3.1, I got the "Your 30 day trial has expired!" screen.
    But clicking on the Active button does nothing.

As SA worked without any issue on my workstation since we bought the license - 27/12/2013 -, and regarding to the current date, I suspect this issue is related to the Expires date in the license file: "2027-01-11T15:28:21"

Upgrading SA is not an option for me.

Please advise ASAP.

István

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hello

I just tried to download, install SA 3.1 on Linux Mint 17.2. When I started I was presented with login screen. I entered my credentials and was able to log-in without any troubles. So even with deleted the license file you are seeing the the expired trial?

The expired date 2027 is OK. That is correct expire date for your license.

You might try to contact sencha support. They should be able to provide you offline license, if the activation is not working for you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, I tried it again with deleted license file, and got the expired trial.

As we bought only the SA license and more than 3 years ago, we do not have access to the support portal.
    What is the preferred method to contact Sencha Support?

Thanks