Thread: ComboBox select event fires with forceSelection true, allowBlank false, and blur

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-22852 in 6.7.0.
    Sencha User

Default ComboBox select event fires with forceSelection true, allowBlank false, and blur

I have a combobox that has allowBlank: false, forceSelection: true, and a clear button on the left of the input. When I click the clear button in the combobox, and click outside of the combobox to lose focus, you can see that the select event is fired. If I click the Clear 2nd button in the panel's header, you see that the desired functionality happens... the combobox is cleared, and the forceSelection doesn't try to reselect a value. Both events are calling the same handler.

I realize why this is happening, as the framework enforces a selection if the value is null. However, if that's the case, then shouldn't clicking the Clear 2nd button set the value back to what it was? It's also good to note that I didn't realize this bug until upgrading to 6.2.0, as the select event wasn't fired in 6.0.2. I think this is related to this thread.

Either the bug is that clicking the Clear 2nd button should reset the value, or using clearValue should allow clearing of a forceSelection combobox, and it should show in red, like any other allowBlank false field.

I was able to see the issue and I've added a not to the Bug Report in the forum link you provided.

It is listed under EXTJS-22852

Engineers are now aware. Thanks for your input. It's how we make a better framework for everyone in our developer community.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

Sencha Premium User

I tried with 6.7.0 which have the fix EXTJS-22852:
    - the bug in the other thread seems to be fixed (https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?330235)
    - the bug in this thread seems to be NOT fixed (I tested the Fiddle changing version to 6.7.0), so probably this is a different issue

Please, can someone from the support check and update this forum thread?