Thread: Selection problem in grid

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Selection problem in grid

I have a grid whose contents are filtered by the value in a combobox by matching it against the first characters of the grid's 'Name' field. So if the combobox has 'ai' only rows whose (case insensitive) names start with 'ai' are displayed. If the combobox is empty all the rows are displayed. The pulldown of the combo box also shows the Names of the filtered rows so you can select a single row by clicking on its name in the pulldown.

In the grid itself , each row has several columns that either have a '*' or are blank. If the cell has '*' clicking on it will bring you to a page with more detailed information for that row

Now here's the problem. Assume the page is just loaded, or that you have typed in a filter. If you go directly to the grid and click on a valid cell, all is well. But if you select a row's Name from the pulldown (which apparently triggers a select event in the combobox that doesn't happen otherwise), this naturally causes only the selected row to appear in the grid. Now if you go to the grid and select a cell, on the first click nothing happens. The second click brings you to the drill down page.

Any idea why the select event in the combo causes the grid not to respond to the first click? - anyway that's my explanation. If someone can suggest where the cause might be I'll be happy to provide some relevant code.

Sencha User
    Answers

Is the first click only releasing focus from the combobox for some reason? With which specific version of 4.x are you seeing this?

Sencha User
    Answers

"Is the first click only releasing focus from the combobox for some reason?"

I guess that's actually my question - how do I determine it and if so resolve it?
    This is with 4.2.6.1811.

Sencha User
    Answers

Do you notice a change in the combobox (such as a selection frame disappearing) when you click the row? Are you able to recreate this behavior in a test case?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home

Sencha User
    Answers

In the case I described, when I put the mouse on the single row showing in the grid, the row is highlighted. When I click the first time the highlight flashes but the cell is not selected. On the second click the cell is selected.
    I don't know if I can extract the code in a way that provide a test case, I'll take a look.

Sencha User
    Answers

If not, a small video might help us see the behavior, but really a test case would go a lot farther towards finding a solution.