Thread: Advanced Intellisense

Vote Rating

Question Advanced Intellisense

Hello!

There is a question about using intellisense with ExtJS developing in Visual Studio.
    So, I added intellisense for the framework without any problems by creating _reference.js. It works well!
    I can type:
    Code:
    var a = Ext.create('Ext.form.field.Date');
    a.parseD
    and VS will show me parseDate(value) hint.

But I also have defined my own class MyApp.view.Class1 which has got load() method.
    (there is line in _reference.js for this class)
    But if now I type:
    Code:
    var a = Ext.create('MyApp.view.Class1');
    a.loa
    it doesn't show me load() hint!

How can I enable intellisense for my own ExtJS classes?

P.s. seems intellisense can't index my class because of using Ext.define(). But ExtJS 'native' classes have been defined the same way. Or have I misunderstood something?

Vote Rating

Despite somebody has moved my post from the Q&A to VS plugin. I don't mean using VS plugin!
    I want to use just VS. And as I could see after some research my question is about the workflow, architecture and class creation process in ExtJS. Of course I may be wrong...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I agree - I am trying to accomplish same, Plugin is limited for only 30 days and I want leverage Visual Studio with extjs and intellisense. Sencha team should really think about helping the community learn the framework with ease and leverage IDE such as Visual Studio without the need to be forced to use the VS Plugin especially since it's only 30 days and there's no option to buy the plugin separately that I see anywhere.

Vote Rating

@digimon
    I could be wrong (I was reading license agreement long time ago) but seems there was something like that: you cannot develop without licence.
    In my mind it sounds as "you cannot write even a line of code without licence. So it's not the case if you will write your app with extjs and then will buy a license for release. You should buy licence before start of developing..."
    And actually it is pretty hard to make shareware javascript framework and secure it from using. Of course in law it's usual, but in life it isn't while javascript framework is a text but not compiled file...

p.s. but for continue discussion I need to review licence agreement...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I can understand bambam. Like myself, not everyone can afford the license - especially if it's one person looking to learn the framework. I was very excited with this framework since 2011 and at that time it seem I was one of the very few 'early adopters'. I stopped from learning more because it wasn't as friendly to code as some of the other tools on the market at the time so steered away. At that time ext js was fairly open free GPL to all. Now that the framework is more mature - I'm hoping to renew my initial interest and join this community into leveraging the framework.

As being new to this, having a free GPL to learn and develop the skills with tools like VS Code onto where we can afford to purchase the license for production applications is imperative to expanding marketshare and awareness for all developers alike.

I see bright future with Sencha and would imagine there are others like myself wanting the same experience.

thank you again bambam - I'm happy to have friend in you and hope to become great in this framework with your guidance and experience throughout my learning.