Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extension not working

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member

Running icalcs didn't change anything. When I execute tern-win32.exe directly the following output is given:

PHP Code:
    environmentunknown (tern v233)
    found config.json at C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\.sencha\ide\config.jsoncontents:{}
    include [ 
    'C:\\Users\\geek0r\\.vscode\\extensions\\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\\tern\\win32' ]
    contents after postprocessing:{       

"include": [               

"C:\\Users\\geek0r\\.vscode\\extensions\\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\\tern\\win32"        
    ],        
    "apps": [],       

"exclude": []}
    Found apps: []
    loading 0 js files in project...project loaded in 0 seconds
    wrote indexes
    Listening on port 56636 
    So imho no security or access problem. I guess the extension needs some work to actually work with vscode ...

Sencha User

Rob,

As per your comments earlier, I understand logs at your end did not produce any output except a one liner "2016-11-11T09:08:10.876Z - info: tern executable path :C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32".

After running the command I see the log being appended by additional output. Which tells me that after running the command indexing engine was given proper permissions to index your workspace.

Usually, once the permissions are set, it could be as simple as allowing a time for the plugin to index your workspace. When you open VSCode, do you see a counter on the left side of the status bar reaching 100%? Once the workspace is indexed you should be able to run the commands. If you try to execute commands before the project is indexed, then you might see "command not found" errors just because the plugin is not stabilized upon the startup.

Please let us know.

Thx

Sencha User

Rob,

Are you able to use the plugin after correcting the permissions? Is it all good? If so please let us know so we can close the ticket. Otherwise let us know what errors are you seeing and we will try our best to resolve it.

Thank you

Sencha Premium User

Nope, still only one entry in the log file and all the commands are returning the not found error.

Sencha Premium User

Just did a reinstall, but still nothing works and only one entry in the log file.

Sencha User

Rob,

Could you please tell me what you see from under "security" tab of the file (under tern folder) when you right click on it? I'd like to see who is listed and what type of permissions they have. Do you see "Everyone" listed in that tab? Attached is what I have on my windows machine.

I completely understand the frustration, but we haven't had this issue and we can not reproduce this issue at our end.

Thank you

file-permission-dialog.jpg

Sencha Premium User

Same problem here.

Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit,
    Visual Studio Code 1.7.1.
    Sencha Cmd 5.1.3.61

Project created by Sencha cmd

Sencha User

Eric,

Please find the tern executable from under .vscode\extensions\...\tern\... Right click on the file and let us know what you see under security tab. You may post the image of that tab. We'd like to see who has permissions to run the executable. In the post above is what I have on my windows machine.

Thank you

Sencha Premium User

Here is the image:

2016-11-16 14_45_38-win32.png

I also tried to add permissions for everyone using icacls but there I get an error message although the command shell is running as administrator. Then I tried to add the permissions manually in the dialog. This was possible, but the result in Visual Code was the same. Note: I removed the permissions for everyone again.

Sencha Premium Member

@riteshatsencha I'm not willing to post this screenshot of that tab as it includes sensitive information...

I can confirm that the "everyone"-principle has "full control" of that folder and the executable (why is this even necessary!?). But the extension is not working ... command 'extension.vscode-extjs.createUniversalApp' not found

I tried running "As Administrator ..." to acquire more permissions. Same errors ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast