Thread: Visual Studio Plugin - Why is it you have no option to purchase just the plugin?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Visual Studio Plugin - Why is it you have no option to purchase just the plugin?

Hello -

It is difficult for new developer wanting to learn this ext framework and not have any other option than 30 day trial to use the VS plugin for those who have VS Editors.

It would be a useful approach to allow the plugins to be public SDK available and not just 30 day trial which in order to continue requires purchase full license of ext to continue having access to the plugin.

Seems backwards to me, at least offer option to just buy the plugin or make it SDK or show alternative way to configure VS IDE so we leverage Intellisense with ext js in VS.

Make it easy for new developers like myself to learn your product and easy to develop using the tools.

Vote Rating

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hello

If you are just trying to learn the framework you might be interested in the Visual Studio Code plugin which is in the EA and is free until January 30, 2017.

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...-Now-Available

https://docs.sencha.com/ide_plugins/...de_plugin.html

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you gentlemen! This is exactly the springboard I was hoping to see!! I've since downloaded visual studio code (awesome to see you're making strides to utilize this editor). I downloaded the SDK + the v1.0 of the early visual studio code plugin + sencha cmd. All I can say so far is AMAZING!! and thank you for helping a newbie get started in this framework with the right direction and tools!!

There's a lot of learning I've to do now and excited about this framework along with building my first app.

Hopefully I can help to give back to others in this community and contribute as I experience Sencha ext js. In the meantime I'm probably going to lean on documentation and this forum to help me become a sencha ext js ninja ;-).

Much appreciated once again gentlemen!!