Thread: MetaData unsynchronized

Answers

Default Answered: MetaData unsynchronized

Hello,

For many files, I've the following problem :
    - the (source) file is OK (the file which is into the app/view directory)
    - but the corresponding metadata file is not OK (unsynchronized)
    The good one is the 1st.

As the metadata file is not (correctly) synchronized, at each time that I save my project, I lose my changes.

Is there a way to regenerate all metadata files from source files ?
    (with a command line or through the Sencha Architect GUI)
    To be sure to not lose any modification of the source code.

My environment is : Sencha Architect 3.2.0 with Cmd 5.1.3.

Thanks

2. Hello

Unfortunately it's possible only the other way. You can delete whole app folder and it will be regenerated from metadata files.
    You will have to open your project and do the changes inside SA GUI so it's changed correctly in the metadata files.

The is general issue of SA. You can't do any modification outside of SA cos of the metadata files.

If the SA config panel is limiting you in any way in you can add Process Config to almost all classes in SA. Create new class and search for process config in the config panel. In this you can specify any config to your class. But it won't be rendered in the design view of the SA, only in the output App.

Also you can add any code to your SA project using the plus button in the project inspector -> Add JS resources, now you can define any classes you want and you can use them (call them) from the functions you use in the actual views in the SA.

Regards
    Petr

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello

Unfortunately it's possible only the other way. You can delete whole app folder and it will be regenerated from metadata files.
    You will have to open your project and do the changes inside SA GUI so it's changed correctly in the metadata files.

The is general issue of SA. You can't do any modification outside of SA cos of the metadata files.

If the SA config panel is limiting you in any way in you can add Process Config to almost all classes in SA. Create new class and search for process config in the config panel. In this you can specify any config to your class. But it won't be rendered in the design view of the SA, only in the output App.

Also you can add any code to your SA project using the plus button in the project inspector -> Add JS resources, now you can define any classes you want and you can use them (call them) from the functions you use in the actual views in the SA.

Regards
    Petr