Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Studio Code trigerring bootstrap.js (Access is denied) when run sencha watch

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Visual Studio Code trigerring bootstrap.js (Access is denied) when run sencha watch

I work with Sencha watch for years, never had that, now when I have Visual Studio Code with the plugin open I get that, and when I close it, it fix immediately.

C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\refresh-impl.xml:66: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\bootstrap.js (Access is denied)

This is blocker for me, even if F1 is not working, and it's also confused on how to jump to Ext JS framework, I was going to use it for what work, but it keep breaking sencha app watch...

Answers
    Vote Rating

Can you try uninstalling the plugin and then installing the latest nightly from the support portal? I believe this issue is now fixed.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Will do, I was using 1.0.1 but now I realize any build, even previous number version keep changing, see dates below are all recent:

strange recent date on release build.PNG

Answers
    Vote Rating

Well that's confusing... let us get that worked out. In the meantime, you want the 1.0.0.129 build. After some internal discussion we decided not to increment the build number to 1.0.1 until after GA.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Support portal has been cleaned up now. 1.0.0.129 should be the only nightly build you see there.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Brocato View Post
    Can you try uninstalling the plugin and then installing the latest nightly from the support portal? I believe this issue is now fixed.
    It still not fixed in latest build 1.0.0-ea.2. However, it seems to happen less often.

Error in console:
    Code:
    C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\watch-impl.xml:4: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:380: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\refresh-impl.xml:66: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\bootstrap.js (Access is denied)

Answers
    Vote Rating

This is still the worst blocker. I have a nightly build 1.0.0.176, so after the release, and still get:
    Code:
    [ERR] Error during rebuild : The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\watch-impl.xml:4: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\workspace\ees\apps\nextt\ui\nextt\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:380: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    [INF] Refresh complete in 0 sec. at 08:52:43 AM
    I suggest Sencha switch to Windows to develop and test that plug-in and then they should experience that by themselve. This is an entry point that can help figure out where the problem is: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...ile-windows-7/

That would be a reasonable solution to modify Sencha Cmd to 'retry' when they hit a temporarily lock, which is the case here. I have seen lot of professional code doing that. Also, for helping debugging, when Sencha Cmd is hitting lock, it could output information about the process holding the lock.

Answers
    Vote Rating

The problem does seem to be confined to Windows 7. We were able to reproduce it, so a fix should be coming shortly.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Brocato View Post
    The problem does seem to be confined to Windows 7. We were able to reproduce it, so a fix should be coming shortly.
    Great News! If possible please assign bug number to the thread, so we can follow progression.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Update: I did a deep dive into this and found that it's not really fixable in the plugin, because it actually happens even when the plugin is not installed. My guess is that node's file watching implementation on Windows 7 creates intermittent locks that sometimes collide with changes Cmd tries to make to the bootstrap files (js and css). I've done my best to reduce the frequency of this error in latest nightly by using VSCode's built-in file watcher, but it still happens.

The ultimate fix will need to come in the form of an update to Sencha Cmd. We are working on that, and we'll probably have something in a nightly in the first two weeks of January.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast