Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Architect Installation on Windows won't start up.

Sencha Premium Member

Default Architect Installation on Windows won't start up.

Hello, I've downloaded and installed Architect but can't get any application interface to show up. I've followed the installation instructions to configure Java/Ruby/Ant/CMD and related paths and variables.

The installer runs without any problems.

When I try to start Architect I get the spinner for a few seconds then nothing. The process window shows some processes running for Architect.

I already have a licensed copy of 6.0 running as well as cmd.

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    David

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daplume View Post
    Hello, I've downloaded and installed Architect but can't get any application interface to show up. I've followed the installation instructions to configure Java/Ruby/Ant/CMD and related paths and variables.

The installer runs without any problems.

When I try to start Architect I get the spinner for a few seconds then nothing. The process window shows some processes running for Architect.

I already have a licensed copy of 6.0 running as well as cmd.

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    David

try running as administrator... also can try using the disablegpu switch -

from cmd ~
    C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\SenchaArchitect.exe --disable-gpu

Other than look at your output log, if it's creating a new project it can take a minute, also will take a moment copy framework over and setup things after adding build tools.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi

Could you please describe exactly what happens? You start the SA but no window is shown - by spinner you mean windows spinner? Can you post your exact SA version and your OS? Is this your first installation / start of SA ? You never logged into SA on your system before or run Architect?

As suggested above you can try to start SA using command line - you might see some errors and also you can try to start SA with the command line attribute --disable-gpu

Regards
    Petr

Sencha Premium Member

Thanks Grosst and Petr for your quick response. I've tried starting Architect using the -disable-gpu argument and still am getting the same behavior -- namely, yes, the spinner is a windows spinner -- the little blue doughnut at the cursor. It flickers a bit and then disappears. I can see the processes started up in the Windows Task Manager and are consuming memory.

I've set my properties for SA to run as administrator, normal/minimized/maximized and with Windows 7 compatibility. None of that helped.

My SA Version is 4.1.0. on Windows 7 Enterprise 64. I have a licensed copy of ExtJS 6.0 on the system and have tried to install a temporary SA Version 3 in the past until I found it was not compatible with ExtJS 6.0. Version 3 is uninstalled but I do see a folder hanging around in C:\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect3\rollbackBackupDirectory\C\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect3.

I'm interested in looking into the logs but can't put my finger on them. SA 4.1.0 is located at C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.1.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
    David

Sencha User
    Answers

Not sure what that old folder is. But I think that you can delete it.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect3\rollbackBackupDirectory\C\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect3.

So when you start SA like this:
    6MJvSIXVjnTILv2U3T8M7ntyEhiRV.jpg

You get no errors. Nothing?

Try to uninstall SA 4.1 because at this time it has to be the EA version. And install SA 4.0.2 which is latest GA version. Also please make sure that if you have 64bit system that you have 64bit installer and you have 64bit Java installed.

Also before starting the 4.0.2 please delete these folders if they exists:
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0
    C:\Users\<user>\bin\Sencha\Architect

Let us know if something helped.

Thanks
    Petr

Sencha Premium Member

Petr,

Thanks again -- Yes, that is right, even when starting the .exe in the command window located in the SA home folder I get the same behavior. I'll Try SA 4.0.2 64 and double check Java.

Sencha Premium Member cmendez21's Avatar

HI there in my experience with windows 7 i have encounter

1.- check java version if you have java 32 bits then use sencha architect 32 bits
    2.- dont use /run sencha CMD on console windows before opening Architect , after opening architect feel free to use sencha CMD in windows console. (sometimes i need to kill sencha CMD app from the task mamager cause it keeps running ) weird part.
    3.- if i installed architect on program files or programfiles (x86) this never worked for me so i installed on C:\sencha\architectxx
    4.- i have kapersky internet security suite so i excluded architect folder from the kapersky suite
    5.- using jdownloader or other java software/tools also sometimes can improve performance of architect on the pc and also JAV uses too much pc resources in my case
    6.- I currently had an issue cause architect created on my users folder a .SH file so when i installed GIT / git bash i had to merge the architect SH file with some git confurations in order to use both weird but that happened to me. so you may check what is running on your windows
    7.- Finally even sometimes when i open architect i get an alert that some ports are being used and architect cannot work like that so i exit architect and then restart architect and works fine.
    E2CS: Extjs - Event calendar solution | XtPrinter
    Calendar Thread | XtPrinter Thread| Blog

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cmendez21 View Post
    HI there in my experience with windows 7 i have encounter

1.- check java version if you have java 32 bits then use sencha architect 32 bits
    2.- dont use /run sencha CMD on console windows before opening Architect , after opening architect feel free to use sencha CMD in windows console. (sometimes i need to kill sencha CMD app from the task mamager cause it keeps running ) weird part.
    3.- if i installed architect on program files or programfiles (x86) this never worked for me so i installed on C:\sencha\architectxx
    4.- i have kapersky internet security suite so i excluded architect folder from the kapersky suite
    5.- using jdownloader or other java software/tools also sometimes can improve performance of architect on the pc and also JAV uses too much pc resources in my case
    6.- I currently had an issue cause architect created on my users folder a .SH file so when i installed GIT / git bash i had to merge the architect SH file with some git confurations in order to use both weird but that happened to me. so you may check what is running on your windows
    7.- Finally even sometimes when i open architect i get an alert that some ports are being used and architect cannot work like that so i exit architect and then restart architect and works fine.

Hi thank you for sharing your inputs with us.

1# Using 32bits SA is fine but I recommend using 64bit if you can. We do not support the auto-updater for 32bits Win/Linux due to memory limitations.

2# If you are using SA 4.0+ Cmd runs preview and service on random free port instead of default 1841 and 1842. If you are on lower version - make sure that these ports are free.

3# That is really weird. But in general it shouldn't matter where you install SA. You can install it anywhere you want.

4# I recommend to also exclude your project folder. ExtJS framework have thousands of little files and if the antivirus scans every operation with them it can really slow down the performance.

6# If you mean in C:\Users\<user> that should not happen. If you are able to reproduce please report it in the bug section.

7# There is known issue that when there is SA or Sencha Cmd crash - it can happen that Sencha Cmd process or it's Java process become detached. When you start SA it tries to quit the old Cmd if it's found. But as you mentioned sometimes you have to manually kill it from the task manager.

Let us know if you have any other troubles with SA

Thank you
    Petr

Sencha Premium Member

Petr, I'm interested in trying SA 4.0.2 64 but can't find it. I've been to the support portal downloads but get redirected to your page that will only send me a link for SA 4.1.0. I'd be grateful if you might recommend a way to locate a copy of 4.0.2. Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member

Thank you cmendez21 -- I'll keep these in mind. The version of SA I had installed was 64 bit and my Java version is also 64bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast