Thread: Accessibility Issue with Ext.menu.Separator

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-23541 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.

Default Accessibility Issue with Ext.menu.Separator

As can be seen in 6.0.2/6.2.0 of the aria example page (but any menu with a separator will display it):

http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.../classic/aria/ -> Toolbar -> Button w/ Menu

When entering this menu, when focused on the I like Ext checkbox, screen reader (tested w/ NVDA/FF latest) will interpret this to be the only item in the menu, and will read "I like Ext 1 of 1". This should read 1 of 6 so the user is aware there are other items in this menu. Issue is not restricted to checkbox in the menu. Any separator will cause the reader to interpret the items: start to the separator, separator to separator, or separator to end to be the total count of items in the menu depending on current focus.

I am checking with our engineers to see if I can give you more information. I do know that our framework is not fully compliant with Aria so this may be a work in progress but I am trying to see if there is any update.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Touch Premium Member

Any update on this? I ran into the same issue when using menuseparators to center the menu items and we have one menu item after the separator which the screen reader doesnt count.