Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DnD Broken after 6.2.1 Upgrade

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-23656 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default DnD Broken after 6.2.1 Upgrade

I am in the process of upgrading our framework from 6.0 to 6.2.1 and have found some issues when using drag and drop. This fiddle https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/1p07 shows the problem. If you change the Ext JS version you will see how the behavior is different.

The first problem is the text is selected/highlighted as you drag an element over the others. Is there some way to prevent this?

The other problem only happens in Firefox (I'm using 50.1.0) It does not happen in Chrome (55.0.2883) or IE (11.0.9600). The idea behind the app is to allow the user to rearrange the text displayed by dragging them to the location where they want them. However, using Firefox the source and target of the drop are always the same thing so it doesn't work. If you watch the console you can see that the two represent the same element.

As I said, if you change the Ext version to 6.0 the highlight issue goes away. I assume, but can't say for certain, that the Firefox drop issue goes away, too. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with Fiddle under Firefox because it won't let me select a different version. As soon as I click on a node in the tree the drop-down immediately closes without expanding the node.

Any assistance appreciated. Thanks

As to the autoclosing menu issue, the workaround is to use keyboard navigation to move around. They are trying to track down the issue. I'll try to look at the other issue asap.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

Sencha Premium Member

It's been over a week. Any update on this?

My apologies. Had another ticket reporting the same error and filed a report on it. I thought I had updated your ticket as well.

Kevin Jackson
    [i]Sencha Support Team[i]

Sencha Premium Member

Does that mean it is a bug? This is preventing us from upgrading. Do you know when it might be fixed?

It appears to be a bug. It is filed under EXTJS-23620. Once it is identified, it goes to Engineering to be tracked down and addressed. I have added your information to the original notification.

Sorry, I don't have a timetable on when it might be fixed.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

Sencha Premium Member

I don't see how this bug is related to the issues I reported. This is using grids and refers to the indicator left visible after the drop, while my issue has nothing to do grids and, instead, shows it selecting the text during the drag over one or more panels. Plus the fact that the drop operation appears to be completely broken in Firefox.

I was basing it on the drag selecting items underneath during the drag operation. I will see if I can loop in an engineer to see if they agree or whether these are two unrelated issues.

They both seem to have the selection issue in 6.2 and are fine in 6.0. Firefox has the additional problem you mentioned in 6.2. (although it works correctly in 6.0) I will likely file a report on that as well.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

I split your issue into two reports. ExtJS-23656 and Ext JS-23657. I can only link one above. I will also link your reports with the original one in case my initial assessment is correct and it is all related to the new DnD code.

Kevin Jackson
    Sencha Support Team

Sencha User

Following override fixes Chrome and Firefox:
    Code:
    Ext.define('MyApp.overrides.DragDropManager', {
        override: 'Ext.dd.DragDropManager',

handleMouseMove: function(e) {
            this.callParent(arguments);

//Needed for Chrome
            e.preventDefault();
        },