Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: myGWT 1 maven repo

mikl, in case you'll be using maven-gwt from Windows - dont put your files under folder with spaces in the name. =)

Ok, thanks for the HINT. :-)

Default maven repo != maven plugin

I think there's two issues here; the original post asked if GXT was going to be posted to the maven2 repository (http://repo1.maven.org/) so that maven builds could pick up the jars as dependencies.

The other has to do with the maven build plugin. That's different than repo support.

So, please, post GXT to the main repo so us maven users don't have to put up our own repositories to do builds. If you want a "starter" post to send in, I am happy to provide the one I built.

Ext User

Why don't simply install it to the local repo?
    And, if you are using m2, you will sooner or later need an own repo for stuff that cannot be published.
    It would be great thou to have a pom so we can build/ install the artifacts more easily.

I simply created jars with the javadocs and sources provided in the distribution. With the following commands they got installed into the local repo.
    Code:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.extjs -DartifactId=gxt -Dversion=1.0-RC1 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true -DcreateChecksum=true -Dfile=gxt.jar

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.extjs -DartifactId=gxt -Dversion=1.0-RC1 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true -DcreateChecksum=true -Dfile=gxt-src.jar -Dclassifier=sources

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.extjs -DartifactId=gxt -Dversion=1.0-RC1 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true -DcreateChecksum=true -Dfile=gxt-api.jar -Dclassifier=javadoc

Default Maven repos make teamwork easier

Local installs are fine for one developer; locally-managed repositories are fine for an organization, but globally-deployed repositories make it easier for others to enjoy my derived work. If I release something that uses GXT, I'd really rather they were able to download and build my project without having to do a local install of GXT.

Just because it is possible, doesn't make it attractive. Not having a globally-reachable GXT repo diminishes developer enthusiasm.

Others have seen this too, including the GWT team itself. It's a small effort, especially since GXT is built with maven. It is an effort that will make a lot of developers happy and excited about the using the GXT project in their own efforts.

Ext User

fair enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12