Thread: Sencha Studio(Test): Event Recorder, opaque overlay Chrome

You found a bug! We've classified it as ORION-1449 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Sencha Studio(Test): Event Recorder, opaque overlay Chrome

System: HP ENVY Notebook (W0Q62AV)
    Product: Sencha Test 2
    Version: (from SenchaTest-2.0.0-linux-x64-no-jre/stc-2.0.0-linux-x64/version) v1.4.4

- When starting the recorder using Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) ), a new chrome window opens, but a white overlay with a red border obscures the chrome window.
    - As move the chrome window around the desktop, the overlay follows with some lag. I can see clearly under the overlay the url I wanted to to test.
    - I can glitch the window to another monitor (dual monitor setup), leaving the overlay on the other monitor. I can click elements on the page but those clicks are no longer recorded by the sencha test recorder.
    - I'm guessing that in this build of sencha test for Linux, the overlay (which captures clicks for the recorder) was left white/opaque during development and a developer forgot to remove the opacity.

Thanks for the help. I'd be happy to follow up if anyone has any questions.

Screenshots included below

Screenshot from 2017-02-06 11-09-33.pngScreenshot from 2017-02-06 11-11-08 (gliched overlay off of the window).jpg

Sencha - Test Dev Team marcelofarias's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I don' t think this is Linux specific, I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows 7

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

We have seen some version of Windows and also Windows in a VM have the same issue. It is primarily a problem with video hardware and there may not be a workaround or even a fix. The limitation is present in Electron which our Event Recorder uses. Please see this bug in the electron stack for any possible workarounds or tips. https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/2170.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi! I have the same issue on my comp (Ubuntu 16.04) and notebook (ubuntu 14.04). I'm a lucky guy?
    I've readed the bug topic of Electron, you've provided before. I've found 2 posible solutions there:
    1. Lunch browser with following params --enable-transparent-visuals --disable-gpu. Is it posible? And how can I do it?
    2. Down grade Electron to 1.4.14. Which version Sencha Tests uses? Is it posible to get/download package this 1.4.14 version of Electron?

Vote Rating

+1 also ubuntu user