Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Independent Consultant Program - Buy Fewer Than 5 Licenses of Any Sencha Product

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Do note, licenses are perpetual so there is no renewal cost for a license. If the maintainer/license holder wants to continue updating to the latest commercial release, they will need to keep their support agreement active which is a yearly renewal.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Frontend Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

First of all, great news!

Would I be able to create and sell mobile apps (or I guess any app I make) as a single developer if I sign up for this program?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

This program is designed for Independent Consultants who are building apps for others - not for people to create and sell their own apps.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

This is very ambiguous. This program should also be available for Freelancers or small organization having 1 or 2 developers and are having their own products and selling to multiple clients and not working for clients..

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

^^ Exactly.

So there isn't any license for a freelance developer to just create an app and sell it for free or some price? I love Ext JS and enjoy creating apps in the enterprise, however, in my free time, I have ideas for apps and I want to use the framework for personal projects that I could potentially sell.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

This program is focused on independent consultants. We appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind as we review our licensing options.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by kristin.brennan View Post
    This program is focused on independent consultants. We appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind as we review our licensing options.
    Hope, that this feedback has shown, that there is a need for smaller companies.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jmin91 View Post
    ^^ Exactly.

So there isn't any license for a freelance developer to just create an app and sell it for free or some price? I love Ext JS and enjoy creating apps in the enterprise, however, in my free time, I have ideas for apps and I want to use the framework for personal projects that I could potentially sell.
    Yes! We are looking for a product that is just like a license for using a developing tool. NOT a license for using the framework. I do love Sencha Architect (since v4 but not the buggy v3 ) and I would like to purchase a copy. And keep renewing to the most recent version (when there is such an option).

If I have to add additional cost to EACH of my projects, it is nonsense!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I think this is great. I had been avoiding rebuilding a system previously on ExtJs v2 because of the 5 user license purchase minimum, but as a sole developer I can offer this to my client as an option.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Well it sounds great, but if read the responses here from the Sencha product team there are again so many exclusions regarding that you can't make commercial software that you sell to many customers. Why is it that Sencha is doing so much their best not to have their products shine with software that is made by their customers.

Sencha is about the only company I know that is selling a product and wants to keep a seat in the boarding room of their customers. I start to move more to promote other framework build products to my customers. Not because I don't like Sencha ExtJS (I love it), but because of all the restrictive license issues they come up with all the time.

It is simple, I want to buy a framework, I even want support (and pay for that too), but from there the supplier should not interfere what I do it with the software I create.

Ergo, Sencha before you miss the boat (and Ext React is not going to be a life saver either), don't let your customers drown with you. Give them some space to promote their software without a hassle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast