Thread: Please provide more information for Design View errors!

Exclamation Please provide more information for Design View errors!

Hello,

I would like to request more information when the Design View got errors in Sencha Architect.

For example see the following picture:

I got 3 times "Framework Error: Cannot read property 'isBufferedStore' of undefined" each time I try to load my view into the designer. I got nothing more! I don't even have "isBufferedStore" in my code. So I'm stuck because I don't know where the error is, and the visual designer does not load the view (blank canvas).

Please provide more information such as line numbers or call stack, because such errors are difficult to fix!

Also, please do something about the properties set to null in the metadata of the SA projects, after clearing properties in SA Project Inspector. This causes lots of Design View errors and one has to modify the metadata files by hand to remove nulled properties!

Thanks.

[edit] This particular error was caused by a model who had a schema defined but no associations. In no way the displayed error was pointing me towards this. That model was referenced by a store, and that store was linked to a grid in my view. Once I cleared the schema config of this model, the Design View error got away and the view displayed correctly. But it took me nearly one full day to find the cause!
    Last edited by dnoizet; 3 Mar 2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: picture

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by dnoizet View Post
    I would like to request more information when the Design View got errors in Sencha Architect.

I got 3 times "Framework Error: Cannot read property 'isBufferedStore' of undefined" each time I try to load my view into the designer. I got nothing more! I don't even have "isBufferedStore" in my code. So I'm stuck because I don't know where the error is, and the visual designer does not load the view (blank canvas).

Please provide more information such as line numbers or call stack, because such errors are difficult to fix!
    We have this feature request logged however it's not so easy task. These errors are most often from withing the ext-all framework files. I am not sure if in stack trace there is even path to the original user source file which triggered this whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dnoizet View Post
    Also, please do something about the properties set to null in the metadata of the SA projects, after clearing properties in SA Project Inspector. This causes lots of Design View errors and one has to modify the metadata files by hand to remove nulled properties!
    Could you please provide few steps to this? We are not aware of this issue.

Thank you
    Petr

Quote Originally Posted by petr.vecera View Post
    We have this feature request logged however it's not so easy task. These errors are most often from withing the ext-all framework files. I am not sure if in stack trace there is even path to the original user source file which triggered this whole issue.
    Anything would be better than what we have currently. I guess the error message displayed in the console comes from somewhere at a specific line number of a specific file. Even if not perfect, at least one could narrow the issue much quicker if we had this info.

Quote Originally Posted by petr.vecera View Post
    Could you please provide few steps to this? We are not aware of this issue.
    If you clear a property with the context menu > Clear, it's okay. But if you clear the property with the cross icon on the right of the field (tooltiped "clear"), then it's not, the property is set to null in the metadata. Even if afterward you use the context menu > Clear then it does not work, one has to set the property to something non-null then context menu > Clear it again. Having null set in metadata can cause a whole lot of issues if it happens on the wrong property, like "cannot call xxx of undefined" errors. That often leads to Design View crashing.

Example:
    I set the flex property to "1" on something. Result:
    Code:
    "userConfig": {
        "layout|flex": 1,
        "margin": "0 20"
    }
    If I clear it with the context menu > Clear flex, the property is correctly cleared:

Code:
    }
    But if I clear the property using the cross icon tooltiped "clear" next to the property value, then this happens:

Code:
        "layout|flex": null,
    }
    But, this null value does not appear in the code editor!

One would expect that those two actions should produce the same result. Instead it's like if clearing a property using the cross icon is the equivalent of context menu > Set to null, which in my opinion is not desirable. By the way the context menu "Set to null" and "Set to undefined" appear to clear the property in both the code editor and the metadata, which is weird as well.

After some time, my views are clogged with null values in metadata and I have to manually clean them to solve Design View issues.

See the issue ?

Sencha User
    Answers

Thank you very much for the excellent steps to reproduce! Reported as blocker DSGNR-7647