Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Examples don't work in Firefox 52 + touchscreen

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-23846 in 5.1.5.
    Sencha Premium Member ragzovskii's Avatar

Default Examples don't work in Firefox 52 + touchscreen

Hello.
    I was checking kitchensink demo in firefox 52 on the windows 10 device with a touch screen (tablet), and I cannot interact with the page. Tap on screen, click on touchpad (tablet also has a dock with keyboard and touchpad) don't do anything, buttons are not clickable, panels don't collapse/expand.

Sencha Premium Member

It's not just a touch-screen, it doesn't work on my windows 10 laptop either (using a mouse).

This is also happening to our software, so it's a huge issue. The application is basically unusable

Sencha Premium Member

I can confirm the issue. With Firefox 52 menu handlers aren't fired when using a touch-enabled screen. It seems to still work when using a non-touch device. This is critical for us.

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. I'm still investigating this. I've so far been unable to recreate but I'm not using a touch-enabled screen. Trying to track one down to confirm.

Sencha User

Looks like we're already tracking this one as EXTJS-23846. I see fixes checked in for upcoming versions, but they haven't yet been merged. I do see an override on the ticket, so Support subscribers can create a ticket in the Support portal to gain access to the fix before the release is available.

Can you just post the override here? I've opened a ticket with your support team but that will take time i assume for them to reply and guessing they are slammed. And meanwhile _my_ support team is also getting slammed with requests from our customers who are finding this today.

This is not what i've received from sencha but here's what i'm using if that helps anyone... basically the whole event transation they do has caused me grief/headaches and frustration more than i care to count.
    I'm about ready to remove the if block completely and just always undo the event name translation for these events

// Undo sencha's logic
    // Needed for top nav buttons to not open links in new tabs/windows when clicked in IE11 EXTJS-13775
    // Firefox 52 is getting deteceted now as ALWAYS having pointer events
    // chromeOS causing issues too
    // unit tests failing
    if (Ext.isIE || Ext.isEdge || (Ext.firefoxVersion >= 52) || Ext.os.is.ChromeOS || window.inUnitTest) {
    // sorry windows mobile phones...
    var eventMap = Ext.dom.Element.prototype.eventMap;
    eventMap.click = 'click';
    eventMap.dblclick = 'dblclick';
    }

Sencha User

atxmike, it looks like the override is on your Support ticket now. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced and hope this gets things working for you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    atxmike, it looks like the override is on your Support ticket now. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced and hope this gets things working for you again.
    got it, thanks!

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atxmike View Post
    got it, thanks!

Can we get this override too, here in the forum? Seems a very critical bug which needs to be patched for all.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast