Thread: Unable to load a script engine manager

Sencha User

Default Unable to load a script engine manager

I just tried to evaluate 6.2 (our app have 6.0.1 at the moment), and I got this error

Unable to load a script engine manager (org.apache.bsf.BSFManager or javax.script.ScriptEngineManager)

I did it in separate folder, but when I tried to start old cmd in old folder, my old app is now broke as well. I already had similar situation few month ago, will document it here when I find old solution that fixed problem for me

Sencha User

So in order to make it work again, I needed to re-install SenchaCmd-6.1.1.76-linux-amd64.sh from scratch

Sencha User

Thanks for the update. So you just reinstalled the same version or had you upgraded to Cmd 6.2.x?

Sencha User

Yes, I reinstalled the same version.
    Upon switching to newer cmd, I'm not sure I really switched there correctly, I just installed it and then used `sencha-cmd-6.2.x.x app upgrade` (or whatever alias there inside ~/bin/Cmd/). It worked for me for other versions of cmd, like 6.0.x.x and 6.1.x.x, so I think it should work for 6.2.x.x too and the real problem is with something else (I think I have java9 installed on my system, maybe that's the reason).
    Don't have much time to spend on checking what was wrong right now, maybe will try to check it again in a month or two.