Thread: Reconnect on reload

You found a bug! We've classified it as INS-386 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: Reconnect on reload

Hi all, just wondering if there's an easy way to keep the connection open between Sencha Inspector and my app whenever I reload the app? Having to reconnect Sencha Inspector really slows me down and I fail to see the speed improvements to development as opposed to just setting a breakpoint in Chrome's dev tools and reloading the app.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hi

I guess that you are connecting using bookmarklet right? You have more options how to connect your app, please follow instructions in this video http://video.sencha.com/watch/FOYqRBajHq9GMTpUi2f_ag

You can edit the app.json to always connect to the Inspector when the app is loaded in the dev mode.

Regards
    Petr

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi

I guess that you are connecting using bookmarklet right? You have more options how to connect your app, please follow instructions in this video http://video.sencha.com/watch/FOYqRBajHq9GMTpUi2f_ag

You can edit the app.json to always connect to the Inspector when the app is loaded in the dev mode.

Regards
    Petr

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Correct, I was using the bookmarket. Thanks for the link to the video, it was really useful - however, as soon as I reload my app, Inspector loses its connection to the app, pops up an alert and doesn't automatically reconnect/refresh. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I see, I understand what you mean. This is currently not possible - it can only automatically connect to the main inspector window. I have logged feature request.

Regards
    Petr