Thread: Adding sample application Quick Start error

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-1859 in 6.5.1.

Default Adding sample application Quick Start error

Hello all,

I'm finally getting around to working with Ext JS but I'm having trouble getting started and I'm also having difficulty with some of the documentation (some of that may just be on me).

I have installed the ext-6.5.0-trial, as well as SenchaCmd-6.5.0-windows-64bit.

I'm on this page of the documentation: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.0/g...roduction.html
    (My post seems similar to this one from last year: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...-Guide-Failure)

I downloaded the Sample Application "quickStart", and placed it among the other examples that come with Ext JS.
    C:\Ext_JS_Trial\ext-6.5.0-trial\ext-6.5.0\examples\
    app
    calendar
    classic
    kitchensink
    modern
    quickStart ***
    resources

But when I do the following:
    C:\Ext_JS_Trial\ext-6.5.0-trial\ext-6.5.0\examples\quickStart>sencha app install --framework=C:/Ext_JS_Trial/ext-6.5.0-trial/ext-6.5.0/
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Using existing workspace at C:\Ext_JS_Trial\ext-6.5.0-trial\ext-6.5.0\examples\quickStart
    [ERR] Framework version 6.2.0 not found!

I'm not sure why it's trying to use 6.2 in this case?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Sencha User

The bug on the thread to which you linked was fixed in Cmd 6.2.1 so it's likely separate. Is this a completely fresh installation of Cmd and Ext JS or have you used previous version on this machine?

This is a fresh install on this machine. :/

I just tried to download this application from you all (https://github.com/sencha-extjs-examples/ModernTutorial), and I have it in separate directory, but I'm getting the same error.

C:\Users\scott\extjs_projects\ModernTutorial>sencha app install --framework=C:/Ext_JS_Trial/ext-6.5.0-trial/ext-6.5.0/
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Using existing workspace at C:\Users\scott\extjs_projects\ModernTutorial
    [ERR] Framework version 6.2.0 not found!

I don't get this error when building (and rebuilding) a new, fresh application.

(And ignore my comment in the first post where I mention my post is similar to another post. That was a hold-over from when my post was originally going to be about the difficulty about following the quick-start guide for beginners, like myself. As I tried new things my post here changed to what it is now, and that line accidentally stayed in.)

Sencha - Product Team

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.