Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA 4.2 Upgrade - Infinite Upgrading Auxiliary File

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default SA 4.2 Upgrade - Infinite Upgrading Auxiliary File

Hi....I just downloaded and installed the SA 4.2 upgrade and I think I might regret it. I'm trying to open an existing SA project and for about the last 20 minutes, all I'm seeing is "Upgrading Auxiliary Files" and "Removing Auxilary Files" over and over again. The user interface is not responding to any mouse or keyboard input. Not sure if I should kill the process and try again, but this is not an auspicious start to the new version of Architect.

M. McConnell

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Update: Killed the application and opened it in SA 4.1.2. After a longer than usual amount of time to open the project, I was back to where I was before the upgrade. I noticed my opening panel within SA was a custom Theme I built with Themer so I closed it and selected a regular UI panel and saved the project. Closed SA and reopened with 4.2. This time, it seemed to be more stable (the screen was not flashing those "Upgrading Auxiliary Files" messages). I waited about 10 minutes and the process completed successfully. I was able to save and build my project without issue and the application ran just fine. I will point out, however, that the build process is just as slow as the previous version. Was a little disappointed by that, but this is a fairly large project. I'll try another to see if there's any improvement.

M. McConnell

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi

Could you please post content of this folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted ?

You should see there folders like ext62-compile and than ext62-compile.json
    Do you have any files named .zip there ?

Also which platform are you using ? From which version of SA are you updating?
    Thank you very much for all the info you are able to provide us.

To fix the problem please delete the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted
    If anyone else comes across this problem please let us know about it.

Thank you
    Petr

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mlmcconnell View Post
    Update: Killed the application and opened it in SA 4.1.2. After a longer than usual amount of time to open the project, I was back to where I was before the upgrade. I noticed my opening panel within SA was a custom Theme I built with Themer so I closed it and selected a regular UI panel and saved the project. Closed SA and reopened with 4.2.
    So you had ExtJS app (I assume ExtJS 6.2 Classic) with custom theme from Themer created in SA 4.1.2.
    Thank you for the info, we will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlmcconnell View Post
    I will point out, however, that the build process is just as slow as the previous version. Was a little disappointed by that, but this is a fairly large project.
    I don't think that Cmd 6.5 should bring any big performance improvements to the build process itself but the save of the project which is handled by SA should be faster.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

2017-06-06_18-37-55.jpg

There are no .zip files in the directory. Platform is Windows 10 Creators and the project I'm updating was a SA 4.1.2 project.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

My mistake. Now that I think about it, I did read that SAVES would be faster, not builds. And I can confirm that the project does save a bit faster.

Thanks!
    M. McConnell

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Update 2: Even after I saved the project after finally getting it to open, and deleting the above referenced directory, when I reopen the project I'm still getting the "Updating Auxiliary Files" messages flashing on screen for 10 - 15 minutes before I can do anything.

M. McConnell

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Sorry for all the posts, but I think my problem had to do with some locked files or a deletion attempt that went amiss. I noticed some strange behavior in Windows Explorer so I went ahead and rebooted my system. I repeated the deletion of the "extracted" folder as instructed above and SA 4.2 seems to be working for all projects, now. I will note that the "extracted" folder is recreated each time a project is opened. Also, when I created a new project, I got the "Updating Auxiliary Files" message again, but the duration was only a few seconds this time.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Looks like I have the same problem, but deleting the above mentionned file does not seems to fix it. SA is consuming a large amount of memory and it's not responsive. I have tried a to leave it running but it has an impact on the whole computer. FYI, I am upgrading a 6.2 Classic project that was using SA 4.1.2

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nclemeur View Post
    Looks like I have the same problem, but deleting the above mentionned file does not seems to fix it. SA is consuming a large amount of memory and it's not responsive. I have tried a to leave it running but it has an impact on the whole computer. FYI, I am upgrading a 6.2 Classic project that was using SA 4.1.2

There is no reason to leaving it running. Please try to kill SA and restart PC, delete the folder and start again.

When using new version of SA it needs to update that /extracted folder. This should happen only first time when you open particular framework (1 time for Ext62 project, 1 time for Ext65 project etc) and it should take a couple of seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast