Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Can't build ExtJS 6.2 app after upgrading to 6.5

yes, that was the same issue I had, but creating a brand new theme in Themer and attaching that to the project and re-creating my styles worked for me (I didn't have many thankfully)

Sencha User

In my case I didn't have a custom theme before in 6.2.1, so I'm starting from scratch. I can see how to create a new theme and just did, but how do you attach that to the existing Project after it is created? I think that is the piece I'm missing (do I 'Export Theme as Zip Archive' and then just unzip that zip file into packages\local\'theme name' ?

are you using Architect ?

Sencha User

I'm using Themer, though I do have Architect, but haven't used it yet

Sencha User

For detailed steps on what I did, here goes

1. Performed the sencha app upgrade C:\temp\ext-6.5.0
    At this point in time I can do a sencha app refresh followed by a sencha app buill --clean production with no issues

2. Ran the sencha generate theme mytheme

3. Started the Sencha Themer application (v1.2.0.41) and opened up the theme located under the packages\local directory.

4. Modified the Panel header padding from 9 above and 10 below to 4 above and 5 below and clicked on Publish\Apply Theme to App(s)...

5. Closed out the Sencha Themer application

6. Brought up a Command Prompt and tried to do either the sencha app refresh or sencha app build, but get the error listed in this thread.

7. Just as a thought I even did a sencha package upgrade and sencha package build from the theme directory with success, but still got the same erro performing either of the sencha app commands.

Let me know something else to try or what I can modify to make this work ... thanks and I greatly appreciated your quick response before on this

Randy

Sencha User

It appears that I might have this solved, but I will know more by this next Tuesday.

I kept trying different variations and the last thing I tried worked. So, I followed exactly the same steps above, but previously the name of my theme was exactly the same as the name of my application/workspace, however this time I followed it with a -neptune as that was what I was basing the custom theme after. Then when I used Themer, I didn't make any changes and just applied the theme to the App.

After doing this, I was able to do both the sencha app refresh and sencha app build. If I were betting which one caused the issue I've got to believe it was naming the theme the same name as the application. I will verify this on Tuesday and reply on this Thread.

The good news is that it works now and I have made several changes using Themer and I'm able to still build.

Sencha Premium Member

Thank you for the hint.
    I had used the same name as the application/namespace, too.
    But i can't test it now with other names, because i downgraded to 6.2.1 for the reason of an other bug (https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/22d9&view/editor)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12