Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Cmd 6.5 Build Failed

Default Sencha Cmd 6.5 Build Failed

I've done a lot of Sencha dev work in the past but just getting back to it and am completely new to the Sencha CMD and new build tools (the last app I built was in ExtJS 4.x so it has been awhile)

So to get started I downloaded the latest version of Sencha framework and Sencha CMD (Version 6.5.0 for Windows 64-bit with JRE Included) and was following the "Getting Started" guide.
    I generated a new app:

Code:
    sencha -sdk D:\WebRoot\ext-6.5.0 generate app MyApp C:\Code\Sencha
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Copying framework to C:\Code\Sencha\ext
    But when I went to launch the app the Build failed with the following:

Code:
    C:\Code\Sencha>sencha app watch
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : classic (development environment)
    [INF] Starting server on port : 1841
    [INF] Mapping http://localhost:1841/~cmd to C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180...
    [INF] Mapping http://localhost:1841/ to C:\Code\Sencha...
    [INF] Server started at port : 1841
    [INF] Application available at http://localhost:1841
    [INF] Loading compiler context
    [INF] Loading app json manifest...
    [INF] Appending content to C:\Code\Sencha\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\classic.json
    [INF] merging 243 input resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic\resources
    [INF] merged 243 resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic\resources
    [INF] merging 22 input resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp
    [INF] merged 22 resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.js
    [INF] writing sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] writing sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\config.rb
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic.json
    [LOG] Fashion build starting for C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build complete for C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build completed in 3.785 sec.
    [ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Can'''t obtain static method fromNative(Method, Object) from class com.sun.jna.Native
    [ERR]   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Sour
    [ERR] ce)
    [ERR]   at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:139)
    [ERR]   at com.sun.jna.Pointer.<clinit>(Pointer.java:41)
    [ERR]   at com.sencha.jna.win.Win32.<clinit>(Win32.java:26)
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 15 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\build-impl.xml:253: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\watch-impl.xml:87: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\build-impl.xml:292: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\sass-impl.xml:205: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\sass-impl.xml:240: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Can't obtain static m
    ethod fromNative(Method, Object) from class com.sun.jna.Native
    It appears to be not so much a problem with the Sencha CMD but with the Java code that it runs, but I'm at a total loss as to how to resolve the error, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't find anything in searching the forum here nor was anything I found via google of much help either.

TIA
    MikeB
    Web Application Developer

Web Accessibility/Section 508 SME
    Lancaster, Pa 17601

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar

Mike,

This definitely looks like an issue with the JNA library in your system.
    Did you use the Sencha Cmd installer with a bundled JRE? If not could you try that one?
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I've done a lot of Sencha dev work in the past but just getting back to it and am completely new to the Sencha CMD and new build tools (the last app I built was in ExtJS 4.x so it has been awhile)

So to get started I downloaded the latest version of Sencha framework and Sencha CMD (Version 6.5.0 for Windows 64-bit with JRE Included) and was following the "Getting Started" guide.
    I generated a new app:

Code:
    sencha -sdk D:\WebRoot\ext-6.5.0 generate app MyApp C:\Code\Sencha
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Copying framework to C:\Code\Sencha\ext
    But when I went to launch the app the Build failed with the following:

Code:
    C:\Code\Sencha>sencha app watch
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : classic (development environment)
    [INF] Starting server on port : 1841
    [INF] Mapping http://localhost:1841/~cmd to C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180...
    [INF] Mapping http://localhost:1841/ to C:\Code\Sencha...
    [INF] Server started at port : 1841
    [INF] Application available at http://localhost:1841
    [INF] Loading compiler context
    [INF] Loading app json manifest...
    [INF] Appending content to C:\Code\Sencha\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\classic.json
    [INF] merging 243 input resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic\resources
    [INF] merged 243 resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic\resources
    [INF] merging 22 input resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp
    [INF] merged 22 resources into C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.js
    [INF] writing sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] writing sass content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\config.rb
    [INF] Writing content to C:\Code\Sencha\build\development\MyApp\classic.json
    [LOG] Fashion build starting for C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build complete for C:\Code\Sencha\build\temp\development\MyApp\sass\MyApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build completed in 3.785 sec.
    [ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Can'''t obtain static method fromNative(Method, Object) from class com.sun.jna.Native
    [ERR]   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Sour
    [ERR] ce)
    [ERR]   at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:139)
    [ERR]   at com.sun.jna.Pointer.<clinit>(Pointer.java:41)
    [ERR]   at com.sencha.jna.win.Win32.<clinit>(Win32.java:26)
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 15 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\build-impl.xml:253: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\watch-impl.xml:87: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\build-impl.xml:292: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\sass-impl.xml:205: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\Administrator\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\ant\build\app\sass-impl.xml:240: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Can't obtain static m
    ethod fromNative(Method, Object) from class com.sun.jna.Native
    It appears to be not so much a problem with the Sencha CMD but with the Java code that it runs, but I'm at a total loss as to how to resolve the error, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't find anything in searching the forum here nor was anything I found via google of much help either.

TIA
    MikeB
    Web Application Developer

Web Accessibility/Section 508 SME
    Lancaster, Pa 17601
    Same error here when building in our build machine.. but it works in my local dev..

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar

@v1r: Is your build machine also windows?

could you both let us know more about your environments? (os version, arch, java installed, etc)
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

yes it is a Windows 7 x64 machine. it fails with or without the java path added in Path.

Running C:\Users\buildmachine\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.1.230\lib>java -jar jna-4.1.0.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't obtain updateLastError method for class com.sun.jna.Native
    at com.sun.jna.Native.initIDs(Native Method)
    at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:139)

runnign this from my dev machine gives:

C:\Users\v1r\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\lib>java -jar jna-4.1.0.jar
    Java Native Access (JNA) API Version 4
    Version: 4.1.0 (b4)
    Native: 4.0.0 (1a6047467b59e8748f975e03016ce3d9)
    Prefix: win32-x86-64

The above error happens usually when trying to invoke a native 32b dll from a 64b jvm running on windows 7 64x.

Installing java 32 bit and running the following will output the current version of JNA.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin>java -jar C:\Users\buildmachine\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.5.0.180\lib\jna-4.1.0.jar

Downloaded sencha cmd 32 no JRE and used java 32bit or 64bit fixes the problem.

@israelroldan - Yep I did install the Sencha Cmd installer with a bundled JRE
    My Java version is:

Code:
    c:\Code\Sencha>java -showversion
    java version "1.8.0_111"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)
    I'm running windows 7 Professional 64bit with 16GB ram.

@v1r - I didn't try your solution yet (downgrading to 32bit), but will give that a try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    @israelroldan - Yep I did install the Sencha Cmd installer with a bundled JRE
    My Java version is:

Code:
    c:\Code\Sencha>java -showversion
    java version "1.8.0_111"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)
    I'm running windows 7 Professional 64bit with 16GB ram.

@v1r - I didn't try your solution yet (downgrading to 32bit), but will give that a try as well.

I can confirm that SenchaCmd-6.5.0.180-windows-32bit.exe works fine for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast