Thread: Scrolling Panel

Default Scrolling Panel

Hello all,
    I got a panel which displays a set of 5 images horizontally. The image details are fetched from the database. So there could be more than 5 images to be displayed. So i thought of providing a scrolling button to left and right of the panel. On clicking on to one of the button should display the next 5 images in the store. Can this be implemented using ext? Is there any plugins or API for that or should i manually add two buttons with the text "<" and ">" so that on clicking to one of the button will query the database table and retrieve the next or previous 5 images in the list. What is the better method to accomplish such kind of functionality in an ext panel? Please Help. Thanks

How you do this will depend on how you want to load these things. Do you want to only show 5 images at a time, or do you want to show them all, and scroll as required?

If you're only showing 5 images, then your idea of retrieving these from the server is probably the best.

If you'd prefer to show all of them at once and scroll through them, had a look at the Fx functions, mainly the Ext.Fx.shift (). I've used these for pretty much exactly the same thing, and it works great.
    'Once again, fortune vomits on my eiderdown'
    - Edmund Blackadder

Thanks Edmund. Well I didn't knew such a library exists for ext but I am confused on how to implement it. I feel it should work but the confusion is on how to attach it to a button and then on clicking on to it how to change the data displayed in the store. i am trying to figure it out. If you could provide some input on it I would be really grateful to you. Anyway thanks for your help once again..

So which do you want to use?

If you're retrieving the details from the server, all you need to do is attach a listener to the button that loads the data store with the correct details.

If you're scrolling, set up a listener on the button that gets the element that you want to scroll, and applies the Fx methods to that element.
    'Once again, fortune vomits on my eiderdown'
    - Edmund Blackadder