Thread: tree and grid combination

Lightbulb tree and grid combination

Hello,
    I am developing windows explorar looks like screen ..using tree and grid.

I have developed page showing tree and grid , on click of nodes of tree i want get data from server and want to show it in grid.
    every time i click on nodes grid should be updated with server data.

i am using ajax for getting data from server and i have tested it i do get data from server but dont know how to assigned it to store.
    can any one please tell me how to do it....

take care
    Last edited by mystix; 14 May 2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: moved to 2.x Help from 2.x Examples

you should encode them to json first, just look at the examples in the tutorial/sample page.

good luck with your project

Arrow i have formated data

hello , i have formatted data for store like [['test1'],['test2'],['test3']] and returning this as string from server and when i put alert it shows this data but problem is how to assigne this to store.loaddata() ?

plz reply
    take care

first you have to create a jsonstore.

and then load the data into it. using store.loadData(datafromserver)
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid people do not ask questions

try to take one of the example and look how they did to achieve that and eventually change the to suit your needs. Thats the best way to learn (I think)

Default hmm

thanks for info but can any one tell me how my url which is jsp will return data.?

googling... what json is ....... and how jsp do json encode