Thread: [enhancement] Reference correct tree widget for Ext.data.TreeStore in modern docs

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-26015 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating

Default [enhancement] Reference correct tree widget for Ext.data.TreeStore in modern docs

In the introductory (class) docs for Ext.data.TreeStore are referencing a classic widget, which obviously doesn't exist in modern.

I would suggest to change the paragraph from
    * The TreeStore must be used as the store of a {@link Ext.tree.Panel tree panel}.
    to
    * A TreeStore is typically used for tree widgets, such as a {@link Ext.tree.Panel tree panel in the classic toolkit} or a {@link Ext.grid.Tree tree grid in the modern toolkit}.
    This way, there will be dead links for both toolkits, but I assume a dev will hardly be confused by this.

Furthermore this removes the erroneous obligation that such a store must be used by a tree panel (you could use such a store just as well for some internal data management w/o ever instantiating any tree widget). I assume it was originally intended to be formulated the other way round (i.e. "a tree panel must reference a TreeStore in its store config").

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the report! I have opened a documentation bug in our bug tracker.