Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Avangelist is on a distinguished road

Default Using Panels as frames

Is this possible:

I would like to use two panels in the same way you might use a frameset, one will load a menu bar which will have three buttons. Clicking on a button would load pages into the main frame.

So I would have:

menuPanel
    mainPanel

I am sure eventually work out how to actually add more than one panel to a single page but that isn't my main query.

What I would like to know is whether or not anyone has attempted to load a url into a panel.

So for example menuPanel has set in it a toobar with links to 3 pages, all three pages are on a seperate web server and domain, so clicking home for example I would like mydomain.com/home.html to load in the bottom panel, and if I click on next it would open myotherdomain.com/nextpage.html.

So can you set target= to be a specific panel?

Sencha - Services Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

You're gonna need iframes for that 'foreign domain' requirement. See ManagedIframe (in my sig below).
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Thread Participants: 1