Thread: Themer 1.3 - local font

You found a bug! We've classified it as CAT-882 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Default Themer 1.3 - local font

I'm trying to get the new local font feature and it's not working for me.

ExtJs: 6.5.1.345
    Themer: 1.2.0.51
    SenchaCMD: 6.5.1.240

I can import my font into Themer

ST - Font browser.PNG

Themer UI updates when I select my new font

ST - Font added.jpg

When I launch my app, the font are not loaded when I look into Chrome inspector.

ST - ChromeInspector CSS.jpg

ST - ChromeInspector Fonts.jpg

Finally, when I close my theme in Themer and re-open it, the Font is lost.

Any ideas ?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Answers

Hello,

Can you check the following files and see if everything looks correct to you (or post contents here and I can review)?

[theme_dir]/sass/etc/themer-local-fonts.scss // This contains the @font-face definitions Themer generated based on metadata detected in the font files.
    [theme_dir]/resources/fonts/themer-local-fonts // Should contain the font files you added to Themer
    [theme_dir]/package.json // Look for "themer" config entry, then "fonts". This should be an array of your font names (VW Head & VW Text)

Also, it would be helpful to take a look at your theme package and/or font files you are trying to use. Let me know if that would be OK with you, and I'll PM you my email address so you can send them.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Hello!

[theme_dir]/sass/etc/themer-local-fonts.scss // This contains the @font-face definitions Themer generated based on metadata detected in the font files.
    File is present with data, however the "src" is empty
    ST - Sass source.PNG

[theme_dir]/resources/fonts/themer-local-fonts // Should contain the font files you added to Themer
    All my files are available. I have only .otf files, not sure if that is ok.

ST - Sass fontsd.PNG

[theme_dir]/package.json // Look for "themer" config entry, then "fonts". This should be an array of your font names (VW Head & VW Text)
    ST - Package Json.PNG

Also, it would be helpful to take a look at your theme package and/or font files you are trying to use. Let me know if that would be OK with you, and I'll PM you my email address so you can send them.
    Sure!

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Answers

I just sent you a PM with my email address. I can't reproduce your issue locally, however, I'm hoping having your theme package and font files will help me diagnose this issue further.

As for a workaround, it looks like themer-local-fonts.scss was obviously generated wrong by Themer. You can manually modify this file and change/populate the wrong/missing information. It also looks like some font files were detected as 'oblique', but doesn't look like you actually have any oblique style font files in your directory. Themer uses a 3rd party parser to process the font file metadata, which is not a perfect science, and relies on the font creator to set the correct flags in the file.

The 'src' should be set to something like: `src: url($font-path + '/VWHead-Bold.otf') format('opentype');`

Once this file looks good, you should be able to re-open the theme in Themer and see your font applied (assuming this is the only problem).