Thread: Debugging Sencha App

Default Debugging Sencha App

I'm trying to debug a Sencha 2 Application. A previous developer wrote it and left.

When I go to one particular page in this Sencha application, the app shows the spinner icon and never loads the page. The problematic page does involve loading content from an external URL. However, if I manually enter that external URL into a web browser, it loads correctly without issue and has the correct content.

I also tried setting up a webserver to point at the Sencha app and I tried navigating to the problematic page in the desktop version of Google Chrome. However, the problematic page loaded fine when I got there. There was no error in the Chrome developer console either.

Does anyone have any good debugging advice about what I should try next? Or some hints about what might be causing the problem? Is there some sencha debug console that I can enable/view in the published app?

Thanks

Sencha User

Are you seeing any errors or warnings in the browser console log? Which specific version of Touch is this? On what kind of device does the page not load?

>> Are you seeing any errors or warnings in the browser console log?
    On the phone devices, I don't know how to get into the browser console log since it is deployed as an app which was installed through the app store.
    When I serve the sencha app through a web servers and view it in the web browser, there are no console errors, but the frozen spinner problem does not reproduce in the browser.

>>
    Which specific version of Touch is this?
    Sencha Touch 2.0.1

>>
    On what kind of device does the page not load?
    I have both iphone and android users which have the problem. Strangely it is just this one page of the sencha app and everything else works except for this one page.