Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sencha sold to IDERA

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

According to Mitch's blog, not all developers were laid off just yet, but a sizable group of Sencha veterans either left or was laid off.

"While I was one of the lucky few that were not being laid off immediately..."

Vote Rating

If you were a large company like an investment bank or defence contractor, looking to purchase dozens or even hundreds of Ext licenses right now, and you came across these forums, what would you think?

You'd wonder why the forums of flagship products were full of posts from Indian marriage guidance counsellors.

You'd wonder how much continuity there could possibly be given the loss of at least half a dozen senior people that customers trusted and have previously relied on for technical support and guidance.

You'd be astonished to find no meaningful customer reassurance or roadmap from senior management about where the product line is going or how they're going to get it there.

Then you'd go straight to a competitor.

I'd love to see this turned around -- especially if Idera publicly "bet the house" on ExtReact (especially given the MIT licensing announcement for React) -- but I wouldn't bet a single $ on it at the moment.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by j.ashworth View Post
    If you were a large company like an investment bank or defence contractor, looking to purchase dozens or even hundreds of Ext licenses right now, and you came across these forums, what would you think?

You'd wonder why the forums of flagship products were full of posts from Indian marriage guidance counsellors.

You'd wonder how much continuity there could possibly be given the loss of at least half a dozen senior people that customers trusted and have previously relied on for technical support and guidance.

You'd be astonished to find no meaningful customer reassurance or roadmap from senior management about where the product line is going or how they're going to get it there.

Then you'd go straight to a competitor.
    Or you'd try the example app they advertise on their front page. See that it's still non-functional (been like that since the acquisition) and go somewhere else.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Looks like ModusCreate picked up a few Sencha veterans after the acquisition.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 3.16.57 PM.jpg

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I think that if IDERA had any serious intentions to invest, develop and build upon the ExtJS framework in its current form they would come out and say so.

"For now... business as usual... we have no immediate plans... [apopov, #13]", on our side of the fence I feel this translates to "Eventually your business will be effected by our long term plans"

Also why say: "
    I look forward to engaging with the Sencha community in the coming weeks and months as we work through these transition details." but then not log onto the Sencha forum for a month?

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 1.25.20 pm.png

I think at this point we are all expecting the worst.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by bslater View Post
    Also why say: "I look forward to engaging with the Sencha community in the coming weeks and months as we work through these transition details." but then not log onto the Sencha forum for a month?
    If I had some way to +10 that comment, I would. The silence is deafening and omens do not look good.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    Or you'd try the example app they advertise on their front page. See that it's still non-functional (been like that since the acquisition) and go somewhere else.

..... or go to the forum and see tons of span every day .....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910