Thread: How to include image resources in build

Sencha User

Default How to include image resources in build

I've created an architect project that uses a static image in a panel. I placed the image file (a png called logo.png) in the root folder of the architect application (call it c:\app). I included the image in my panel using the Ext.img element from the toolbox. In the 'src' field of the element, I just referred to the image as logo.png.

Running the app in preview mode works fine and the image shows up. When I build it, however, it looks like the image file was not copied into the build folder anywhere in the tree and the link is then broken in the built version.

Can someone please explain how to insert static resources like images in an Architect 4.x project and have the build system copy them over into the build folder with the correct url reference. I can't find this info anywhere in the documentation.

Sencha User

Hi atriolo!

You need to create "resources" folder in the root folder. Images should be stored there. Then, you need to to set src of image component to resources/image.png. More informations about resources available here: http://docs.sencha.com/cmd/6.5.1/gui...ent_-_app_json
    Regards
    Jan Turon

Sencha User
    Answers

I can't get this to work.. Do I need to add a reference to the image from Architect somehow or what else beside putting the images in the resources/ folder?

(.js-scripts in that folder gets copied during the build process)

Sencha User

@atriolo I have the same problem, did you manage to find the reason and the solution?
    Copying it manually solves the problem, but I don't want to copy it on each build! There should be a reason behind this..

Sencha User
    Answers

I have the same problem, did anyone fins any solution?