Thread: 6.5.1Classic:Textfield takes up more than specified height if there is a long label

Sencha User
    Answers

Default 6.5.1Classic:Textfield takes up more than specified height if there is a long label

Hi,

If a text field has a very long label and there is some height specified to it, then the text field input is occupying more than specified height.

screenshot.PNG

Here is the fiddle.
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/25uh

If height is not specified, this problem won't happen (the field input occupies the min height)

Also, I came to know that the reason for this is that the parent divs surrounding the field input have 100% heights, so, if the computed height is more(due to label), then the field input's height too would show up increased.
    If you change the heights to inherit instead, the problem won't happen(Uncomment the code in app.cs in the fiddle to see this)

So, is this as expected? or does this sound like a bug?

Thank you,
    Nagarjuna

Answers

Sencha User
    Answers

I am aware of that too, yes sencha appears to have fixed similar problem in 6.5.1, but that appears to apply only when a height is not specified for the textfield. In my case, heights are specified.

If you specify height for textfields in the fiddle mentioned in post https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...d-in-Chrome-56, you'll see the problem mentioned in this post.